Graphic help needed

sarrocks
6 years ago

So I just received an hp laptop from the college , the specs are -
8Gb ram , 1Tb Rom , Nvidia Geforce gtx 2Gb graphics , windows 10 , intel i5 7th gen…..etc.
The problem is that the college does not want us to play high end games and so they have locked the frame rate at very low rate. We cannot change the graphic settings as we are asked to input pasaword to do so.
Please can someone help to reset the graphics card or to crack the pasaword.
Thanks

11replies
7voices
234views
Darwin [DIDIx13]
6 years ago

Can you uninstall the graphic’s card driver in the Device Manager ?

And reinstall it from the constructor website.

It should work.

Else do you have the name of your program ?

sarrocks
6 years ago

@DIDIx13 I cannot access it without password even through device manager. Wont the password file be saved somewhere ? Can i not try to decrypt it?

fred [feuerstein]
6 years ago

you need to know which process is saving it. then you could stop it or maybe debug it to get around the pass

Darwin [DIDIx13]
6 years ago

Reverse engineering ? >:D

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago

Alternatively, you could create a bootable usb and game from it. This way you wouldn’t break any rule stating that you shouldn’t modify the system without authorization. If your game is available for Linux it’s quite easier, but it’s also possible with Windows.
Some friends got a computer from school too, and they were very poorly configured. They were shipped with Ubuntu 12 (in 2016), and had fast boot disabled, so they were taking about 1mn to boot. There was also a proxy setup, and the games they had tryed weren’t working. The student still had root access, so it could probably be fixed but reinstalling was I think the best choice, so I installed mint as they were long time Windows users and hated Unity. In that case, it was perfectly legal as they own the laptops, but if your school provides it, you may be really careful about doing something like this.

SilentKiller44
6 years ago

why don’t you reinstall win 10 ;)

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago

He would probably need a product key.

Without knowing the background, I’m guessing it’s UAC that is asking for admin account credentials to make system configuration changes. What you could try is see if they disabled creating a local user. If not then you’re done, create a local admin user, log in as that user and change your settings. Don’t forget to disable windows group policy client.

sarrocks
6 years ago

@0x1ceb00da it worked thanksss
Thanks to all.?

x2600
6 years ago

Happy gaming. :)

Darwin [DIDIx13]
6 years ago

Your welcome and Enjoy ! :D

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 12

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss