New Girl in Town

DRAU20757109
6 years ago | edited 6 years ago

Hi,

I am the newbie both here and to hacking! Well really new to hacking I am not doing it yet! This is something that has always interested me and I decided it was time to learn. I am currently learning HTML, CSS and Java as research has suggested this would be a good place to start (that and I like the idea of Web Design). I had tried another site similar to this however I am finding access unreliable. I am not expecting any one to teach me, I realise this is something I must do myself, that and the is a very helpful post of getting started already! However is the anything when you look back that you wish you knew at the beginning?

DRAU

14replies
7voices
262views
L00PeR
6 years ago

Well, Hacking is a huge area.
If you like web, then you should learn HTML, CSS(Not very important really, is just for design), JavaScript(NOT JAVA), PHP and MySQL.
Java is a multiplatform language, similar to C, and has nothing to do with JS(JavaScript)
You can start reading some books about web (not only programming!!) or gathering some information in the internet and then, when you have basic knowledges about this and about web programming, you can read this book: The Web Application Hacker’s Handbook (You might found it free :p)
If you need any help you can PM me, or we can talk via IRC.
WELCOME!!! :p

L00PeR
6 years ago

This might interest you: https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_javascript.xml

As you’ve seen, Java and JavaScript are as similar as car and carpet xD

DRAU20757109
6 years ago | edited 6 years ago

The learning begins! I had no idea Java and JavaScript were different things I had thought Java simply referred to JavaScript!

Thank you!

L00PeR
6 years ago

Your Welcome!!
I forgot saying is also good to know the basics of Python, is like the hackers language!! xD
This language provides you lots and lots of libraries!!
Also with this language you can test the security of your website!
Here you have a python tool written by me which tests the security of a website: https://github.com/xVL00PeR/web-map
You might not understand nothing, but as you advance in your learning you will be able to understand more and more!!
Good Luck!!

Sensei
6 years ago

welcom. learn also python

SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

[quote=L00PeR]Java is a multiplatform language, similar to C[/quote] Well I wouldn’t say that Java is similar to C. First, Java is multi-platform because it uses the JVM, but C is not multi-platform at all, you will at least need to compile it on each different platform and good luck to write a single source code that will run on every platform. Moreover, Java is full Object-Oriented whereas C is not. I won’t extend too much but there are a lot of differences that make C and Java very different.

L00PeR
6 years ago

I know, but think you are talking to a person who has just started in hacking…

She does not know what is multiplatform, nor what is OOP…

I said they are similar because both are not used for web-programming

DRAU20757109
6 years ago

I am with L00PeR I do not understand the finer details yet - although I get that I should learn things correctly from the begining I also know that an overly complicated (albeit acurate) exsplanation at this stage only makes it harder to understand. That said once I am more proficiant in the art I am sure these sort of exsplations will be very benifical.

SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

@L00PeR J2E is used a lot in Web programming.

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago

If you are interested in web programming and hacking, you should also learn the basics of networking, it may help you to understand some concepts, and is, I think, very interesting. You don’t need to fully understand TCP/IP and other low level protocols, but having an idea of what the OSI model is and how application layer protocols such as HTTP work is I think important. You can do a lot of things just by knowing how an URL works.

L00PeR
6 years ago

@r4v463 of course it is, but is not usually used by someone who does not even know HTML….

kassandra
6 years ago
dloser
6 years ago

X
Well, not really X.
Yes, but I really meant Y.
Well, not really Y either.
Of course, but …

It’s hard to just admit you’re wrong, isn’t it? ;)

L00PeR
6 years ago

yes it is :S

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 15

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss