CRACKING LEVEL 0

dimooz
4 years ago | edited 4 years ago

As already talked in this thread (and in this thread too), that could be fun if we could have a Cracking or Reverse Engineering section in HT. So I propose here a very first level to solve (I made it myself), for anyone who’d like to start with reverse engineering an easy way. Enjoy! (feedback is welcome)

[i]Let's see if you can authenticate yourself in this login process (easy level). Good luck![/i]

You can download the program to crack here.

Hint (for n00bs):

You’ll need some tools, like a Hex editor, a disassembler and/or a debugger. You’ll also need to follow some tutorial about reverse engineering, and know a little about some simple ASM instructions.

Feel free to PM me to submit your solutions, although you’ll know when you got it. I know this level is pretty easy to solve, but it’s made on purpose as it’s made for beginners.

[right]Click here to go to CRACKING LEVEL 1[/right]

WHO SOLVED IT? (in order of appearance)
Oct. 17, 2019 : @feuerstein
Oct. 21, 2019: @dannydeleto
[your_name_here_soon?]

7replies
4voices
549views
fred [feuerstein]
4 years ago

Good one to start. Take this one for a step-by-step debugging if you are not experienced yet with assembler

Darwin [DIDIx13]
4 years ago

Finally a cracking level I can get my hands on. :p

dimooz
4 years ago

Did you already give it a try?

Darwin [DIDIx13]
4 years ago

@dimooz Actually I took a quick look at it, but I need to take beginner reverse engineering course first :p

Darwin [DIDIx13]
4 years ago

Now I’m mostly on IDA and Hex editor digging, trying to figure out what am doing and what’s going on on my screen.

dimooz
4 years ago

It seems you’re on the right way with IDA :) big advantage of IDA is the “Pseudo-code” decompiler functionality, it’s pure magic. However, OllyDBG is enough for practice as a beginner (and it’s simpler to use)…

Sgt4chan
4 years ago

Solved it using IDA Disassembler. Just a matter of finding where the pass and username correctness is checked in assembler. Need more cracking levels! :D

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 8

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss