3Mill Password Dictionary

Genesis [Fromwarriors]
11 years ago | edited 11 years ago

Hi All! I have recently compiled a HUGE dictionary spanning over 3 Mill passwords.

Password dictionaries are used in brute forcing with programs such as John the Ripper, THC-Hydra, etc.
To use them, please add a comment below saying you want a tutorial on how to use password dictionaries and which programs.

The file is concealed in a *.zip file at about 54MB. After download, extract the files and you’re done! But I have to warn you, ‘password.txt’ WILL lag your computer if opened, proceed with caution if you want to add more to the file. Thanks.

DL: 3Mill Password Dictionary
[No Viruses]

As always, Sail Safe.

~|=|20/|\|/4|210|25 (Fromwarriors)

21replies
12voices
352views
dalou
11 years ago

Tutorials are always great!

Mash3r.exe
11 years ago

I would love a tut on this. You are very generous in this upload. :P

Keeper
11 years ago

If you are talking about a tutorial on wordlists generation you can check out mine, for example. I use Crunch on BT5.

CygnusH33L
11 years ago

Crunch is a good little program, I used it before to generate a UK SKY router password list (every password used to be 8 letters long and all caps). The only problem was it took up 1.7TB when complete :/ worked though :D

Crunch usage:
./crunch <min> <max> [options]
where min and max are numbers

So to create a password file of all 4 digit pins you would do
./crunch 4 4 1234567890

As default it will output the results to the terminal, to save to a file just add -o filename.txt
./crunch 4 4 1234567890 -o filename.txt

Genesis [Fromwarriors]
11 years ago

I am currently working on a full tutorial. give me time ;)

cant wait till you have finish :)

EEEEE
11 years ago

THANKS !!!

Abhijeet [abhi1302]
11 years ago

gr8 nice job, i check how many of my passwords are in it :)

syllasasante
11 years ago

i wagawasty codedguru

EEEEE
11 years ago

you don’t have my pass in your list :P

cool

Genesis [Fromwarriors]
11 years ago

I posted the Linux version of the tutorial I promised. –> Hacking >> tutorials and articles >> Dictionary Cracking[…]. Have fun!

daMage
11 years ago

If you’re looking for password files, then insidepro.com is a really good resource. I think it was already mentioned in some other thread…

Genesis [Fromwarriors]
11 years ago

Yea, this is one I compiled myself though into an all-in-one package. I’m trying to exceed 12mil in future updates :)

daMage
11 years ago

Humm, that’s a big list… on the other hand, if I remember correctly, insidepros hashkiller list alone has over 23 million words. And that’s not the only list they have :)

It’s not only the size that counts… for example, if you know that the target is Spanish, then use Spanish word list etc..

Genesis [Fromwarriors]
11 years ago

There is a website that has a list you can pay for, but I want this list for the general public. Knowledge is free ;)

daMage
11 years ago

The dictionaries on the insidepro site are freely available for download too…

Genesis [Fromwarriors]
11 years ago

I understand, but wouldn’t it be easier to have it all-in-one?

daMage
11 years ago

It depends. If you want a quick check, then you should questimate what words you should try. If there are no restrictions to the timeframe, then it helps to have them all in 1 file. Then again, you can run the attack using many dictionary files too, but it requires a bit more effort…

Genesis [Fromwarriors]
11 years ago | edited 11 years ago

Exactly, I use this file also for my own purposes. So it is a convenient to me and other people(I hope). Hacking is all about finding loopholes ;) but of course I have separate files for like 1000 most common words and whatnot. Oh, and I have a quick question on rainbow tables… How would you use them. I heard it is faster than brute force attack and is more effective. Any pointers to put me in the right direction so I know how and why to choose between those methods. My hypothesis is that rainbow tables are mostly used for SHA-1 encryptions where it is harder to crack it opposed to the common MD5 encryption. I will have to test them in my own time which is faster to crack via brute force: MD5 or SHA-1. But I’m beside the point, anyways hope you can answer my question. Thanks :).

patjan
9 years ago

thanks much. Hope it will work for me.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 22

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss