Site improvements?

When I first started using this site I found a very annoying issue.

I was struggling with a level so I decided to seek help, however the information I needed to check was a huge potential spoiler so I decided to PM a few respected users asking for their input. When you go to their profiles and click PM user it opens the small textbox for you to send the message. I typed out a long message explaining what I had done, the results I got back and why I was struggling and then proceeded to hit send. At first I thought nothing had happened so I pressed the send button a few more times. Again I thought nothing happened so I went to full view and found I had just spammed them with the same message a huge amount. I don’t know if other people have done this when they first sent a PM or it’s just me however I felt very silly for my mistake.
I would propose that after having clicked send in the little PM box (not full view) the user should be notified of the message being sent with the box going away and letting you know the message was sent.

Let me know your thoughts on this or just tell me I am being ridiculous :p

Thanks
Cpt_Underpants

20replies
8voices
278views
Darwin [DIDIx13]
6 years ago

Hello Cpt_Underpants,

Yes many of us relate this issue but the admin hasn’t connected since two months…

There are many bugs but no one to solve them.

Anyway thanks for your post and have a great day ^^

Well I think we need a hero, somebody who can step up and represent the people who still use the site within the 2 months he hasn’t connected. We are still here, we are still shoveling the coal into the belly of the machine so we can see the fire despite how cold it is without the admin. Maybe someday he may return, maybe not, but standing with our one finger pointed at the admin and the other in our pocket won’t change anything. It’s time we take arms and do what we do best! We bring the truth and shake the community! Vive la rolution! Remember, we are legion, we do not forgive, we do not forget. Expect us.

“A hero is somebody who voluntarily walks into the unknown” - Tom Hanks

Wow I’ve seen too many movies xD I’m just kidding because I actually can’t do anything about the admin not being here :D I can only dream of a better future :p

SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

There’s a GitHub repository where you can send PR

Micr0n [micr0n]
6 years ago

+Cpt_Underpants

Yeah all of us have had a similar story submitting few times the same message.Sometimes you see when you submit your message and other times no

One tip would be only press one buttom and check manually.

Well after realizing the first time I just open the full view in a new tab and send it there. It’s much easier and it will show you if it sends or not. I have now learnt the admin hasn’t been doing regular updates so I guess it’s pointless but I thought if the admin was updating I would try to help :D

SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

Using the full view is the best way to avoid this “bug”. Plus, it’s way more comfortable to read/write PMs.

L00PeR
6 years ago

Another solution is to remember to click the send button just once… xD

L00PeR! Wow! Why didn’t I think of that :p ;) Kidding, it’s no longer a problem. It was only a problem when I did it for the first and I agree it’s not a major issue so it doesn’t matter xD

I believe I just witnessed this ‘bug’/Easter Egg(?) it kinda tripped me out at first. Too bad it doesnt say something or do something, like crashme.com did back in the day.

I am not familiar with crashme.com, sithrock. What did it use to do?

OMG! it was funny. great prank site… it really didnt do anything… I think i first saw it in like ‘97 or so. All it said was “Your system will crash in: ” then started with a countdown. the beauty of it was that you couldnt Alt+F4 out of it. So for ten very long seconds you were in straight panic mode. I dont remember what it was written in. those were some good days…

:D I guess I havent heard of it because I was born in 97 :p

ok… now i feel old af

No ways man.. I read a quote that said instead of age say level, so for example a newborn is level 1. You’re just a better level than me :p

Darwin [DIDIx13]
6 years ago

Guys I was born in 2000 >.>

At this rate I’ll need to edit the thread to “So when were you born?” xD

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
6 years ago

Hello everyone!

First of all, about this bug ; I’ve already added it to my bug-list. For the moment, just click once on “Send” and quit the small textbox.

Then, I’ve tried contacting Flabby by all the way I’ve found but he isn’t answering at all. Let’s hope he’ll make a come back the sooner!

If you find new bugs, PM me so I can take a look about it. I’ll keep your name in my bug list so you’ll maybe win the contributor medal :p

cl1c
6 years ago

Hi.

somebady can answerme somthing?

Sure cl1c, What’s up?

Darwin [DIDIx13]
6 years ago | edited 6 years ago

Ask directly your question in a new thread, it' will be easier.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 21

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss