Timestamp bug?

Micr0n [micr0n]
6 years ago | edited 6 years ago

As it seems to be everyone is hunting bugs i wanted to share this one. Sometimes, the time in the forum have a bug that show the last message as secs ago when, in fact, the message was wrote mins ago, or the same happens with the hours. That happened to me a lot of times since two weeks ago. Here one example:

In the first image we can see the last messages on the forum

Here all right, but when i press F5 and the page reloads we can see for few milliseconds (i had to do three or four attempts to save the picture) the real time.

4replies
4voices
229views
3images
SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

This is based on the datetime of your computer, because it is done client-side. If the hour of your computer is 4 minutes too late, when a message will be posted, you will see “4 minutes ago” even if it just have been posted.

Micr0n [micr0n]
6 years ago | edited 6 years ago

That’s what i have thought at the beginning but that doesn’t explain when i reload the page the real timestamp appears for just few milliseconds.

Reply has been removed
Mugi [Mugiwara27]
6 years ago
Micr0n [micr0n]
6 years ago

Edited, i was trying to get the image with other link and not .jpg one, thanks

Discussion thread has been locked. You can no longer add new posts.
1 of 5

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss