Privacy & Cookies

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
Forum Index

Sections

View

Filter topics in this section

Stats

Threads7,376
Posts59,041
Authors6,732

Call for New Levels

General Information > Suggestions, Feature and Bugs > Call for New Levels

Hey guys. It has grown on me that this site is pretty dead. I don't mean to rag on the site, I love it here. However, there is a large lack of new challenges and interesting discussion. I started learning hacking here, and I'd love to continue to, as well as spread that knowledge that I have acquired. I guess my main question is what can we do to improve the site? I'd love some new levels, and possibly ones in new sections. I'm completely willing to make new challenges if it means improvement. I'm mainly talking to the devoted members that have been around for a while like Mugiwara27 , bolofecal , r4v463 and the admin flabbyrabbit . Please let me reiterate, this post is not meant to degrade the site, I'm just simply worried about the future of the site.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Viewing 8 replies - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • WHGhost
    WHGhost's profile picture

Hi all, sorry for bringing back this thread, but I've been gone for sometime and I honestly am to lazy to read through the forum. Has anything new happened regarding all this level ideas?
  • HackingGuy
    HackingGuy's profile picture

• DIDIx13
    DIDIx13's profile picture

• bl4ckh0l3
    bl4ckh0l3's profile picture

What a hot and interesting thread!
    I really hope this site will continue to host old and new challenges, and gives us the opportunity to learn new things; At the same time I totally subscribe the fact that some flags have been solved by a very low number of people, and we have a very low number of flags for some topics (e.g. just one for the forensics and no one for the network/pcap traffic analysis), some of the challenges are broken - the unbelievable and very kind flabbyrabbit already fixed some of them and he’s working on some others, but he can't do everything by himself...we must help him! ...but despite everything hackthis is one of the best, active and complete CTF platform. Personally I don’t like to solve flags by using local VMs, because it’s not a feasible and comfortable approach...it’s not community driven...and I hope HackThis will not follow this trend in the future. Having said that, I hope to be able to give some help soon!
    My2cents Cheers
    userbar.png
  • feuerstein
    feuerstein's profile picture

I'm sure I could provide some
  • Mugiwara27
    Mugiwara27's profile picture

Don't you worry, HackThis!! will continue to exist and there'll be some new things added to it, in some time
    You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '\'' at line 1
  • DIDIx13
    DIDIx13's profile picture

We should split the *Basic+* *Intermediate* into more precise sections like Networking, Crypto, Web...

That would help to see in which categories challenges are laking.
    loading.gif
  • bl4ckh0l3
    bl4ckh0l3's profile picture

Viewing 8 replies - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic