Paid or free antivirus?

Micr0n [micr0n]
6 years ago

I have one paid antivirus and the license is going to expire in few weeks, so i wonder what is better, if a paid antivirus or just one free like AVG.
What kind of antivirus do you have, paid or free?

4replies
4voices
249views
Emil8250
6 years ago

If you’re using windows 10, the default one should be fine.

It’s more important to think before you click, than it is to have an expensive antivirus program.

SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

I have Kaspersky for my personnals computers, it is very useful when you have some people that don’t know about IT and that can’t “think before they click” as said above, because they don’t know what can be a threat.

ricksan
6 years ago

Just so you can make up your mind based on numbers, please see the following report: https://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/avc_prot_2017a_en.pdf

This report compares the main AV products on a “Real World” scenario. If you don’t want to read it all, start from page 8.

You will see that most products (free and paid) have similar performance, so I don’t really see the reason for spending on something that you can get it for free.

SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

To be precise, I wasn’t talking about Kaspersky as an AV, but as a Security Suite, which means that there’s also a database that stores phishing links, it scans your computer for out to date programs (which is really useful tbh), there’s a parental control, you can configure your firewall easily, etc. In this point of view, I’m very satisfied of Kaspersky. It all depends on your situation, if you’re the only one to use your computer, you don’t need parental control and I’m sure you know how to update a software and that you won’t click on suspiscious links.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 5

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss