Instagram user

Weserack
5 years ago

Hi a person send me a message and i want te get his user email. I’m sure it’s a bot but i need to be sure at 100%.
He’s username is “eako.gmail”
I tried to use Hunter but it doesn’t work so please i need help

11replies
6voices
292views
Darwin [DIDIx13]
5 years ago

Try to connect with his account and use the password lost and ask to send a email to recover the password, you will probably see part of his mail account or the entire mail.

That’s called Social engineering I won’t help you much more since we have a Code of Conduct

dloser
5 years ago

You should get out more if you think that’s social engineering… :p

sorrox
5 years ago | edited 5 years ago

wikipedia:

“Social engineering, in the context of information security, refers to psychological manipulation of people into performing actions or divulging confidential information. ”

(i checked on other sites but it’s the same definition everywhere i searched)

right ?

feel free to tell me if it isn’t the only definition (“in the context of information security”)

Darwin [DIDIx13]
5 years ago

That hurt @dloser :p

How do you call it so? I think it fits in Social Engineering not like sending a message to a person to get his 2FA token but still.

sorrox
5 years ago

not saying you are wrong
i have no idea you’re probably right

Darwin [DIDIx13]
5 years ago

I might be wrong I said Social engineering without even checking if it does fit in this category.

dloser
5 years ago

I always aim right for the heart, @DIDIx13**. ;)

But yeah, the “social” part kind of requires that you make other people do stuff, as the definition that @sorrox posted also shows. I don’t see how just requesting a new password on a site comes even close to that, but perhaps I misunderstood what you meant.

It seems to me to just be some information disclosure that you’d exploit. I doubt any big site does this, though. Then again, they’ve been known to do stupid things…

sorrox
5 years ago

i thought that i misunderstood or missed something
thank you for clarifying this

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
5 years ago

d is right, that’s more Information Gathering than Social Engineering

@sorrox if you still have questions about anything, feel free to ask :)

Darwin [DIDIx13]
5 years ago | edited 5 years ago

Thanks also made me do some research on Social Engineering :p

sorrox
5 years ago

very kind of you thank you very much,
i’ll ask if i need help or informations :)

Reply has been removed
You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 12

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss