I was wondering what does it mean for you to be a “hacker”

Breaking web sites and stealing money ?
I don’t think so

18replies
13voices
294views
Nastyblood
8 years ago

So much deepness in this post i can’t take it anymore.
Tissue Please

aldo22
8 years ago

I just want to know the meaning from people who really do it and not from a static definition

Numlock90
8 years ago

Hacker in the media is often portrayed as a criminal activity relating to computers. A vague idea of the masses.

The best way to look at what it is to be a hacker would be to look back at the history and where the term hacker comes from look up hackers from the 1960’s in MIT.
A lot of hackers refer to is as an unquenchable thirst for knowledge.

Hacking more generally can be defined as anyone who is skilled in exploiting computer system’s whether that be via cracking, phreaking, social engineering, finding vulnerabilities etc..

A lot of people focus on the negative aspects of breaking into computer systems and this is what you’ll hear on the news. However you don’t hear about the many more numerous hackers who do this in order to fix these issues and expose them before a nefarious ‘hacker’ does.

cn9 [1337boy]
8 years ago

make things do cool shit that these things are not supposed to do ahah

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
8 years ago

+1 for 1337boy ! This is what I think too :)

cn9 [1337boy]
8 years ago

Basically is what made all of us being interested in hacking

crua9
8 years ago

To me, to be a hacker is simply someone who messes with technology. The more someone messes with tech, the more they modify and play with what they learned. The more chances they will have to think out of the box to get into or out of something.
A hacker to me is someone that is alive and loving life. Even if it’s for the short time they are playing with technology.

dademurphyslaw
8 years ago

Although my main hacking abilities are related to technology within the security discipline, I do not believe that hacking is strictly limited to technology. For me, hacking is a mind set, a way of looking at the world to have a deeper understanding of how things works. To be a hacker is to view an idea openly, in an unbiased manner, combined with a dose of creativity in order to improve the idea in question and learn from it. And also to help others learn without expecting anything from them in return apart from the hope that they pass on the knowledge with the same view and mind set.

Kirks2010PSN
6 years ago

im new to this, my name is kirk, in your opinion where is the best place to start, i have some expierience (very limited) and i dont think its very useful any ideas? (this post is probably in the wrong place)

Kirks2010PSN
6 years ago

im new to this, my name is kirk, in your opinion where is the best place to start, i have some expierience (very limited) and i dont think its very useful any ideas? (this post is probably in the wrong place)

theMunchBox
6 years ago

@Kirks2010PSN lol where do you think you’re at? Go and do some levels and make an attempt to learn whatever the levels are trying to teach you. Of course, if you need help, pm someone/anybody politely

Kirks2010PSN
6 years ago

i am completely new, i struggled with level 1 question 1, i just wanted to try and develop an interest, when i find a glitch/breach in soemthing im pretty lit up for about and hour, i looked at some of the stuff on this site, and some of it makes me realise no level of security can stop the human brain

SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

When you’re stuck at a level, try to read the hint of the level (if there is one). You can also read the section corresponding of this level on the forum.

The pirate, is not that electronic crook who uses fishing and other cheap tricks,
He is the world of programming language and knows its loopholes and believes that there is no system safely

The pirate, is not that electronic crook who uses fishing and other cheap tricks,
He is the world of programming language and knows its loopholes and believes that there is no system safely

Hacker [nounou10]
6 years ago

I want just saying that hacking is my life
I don’t sleep inorder to be a hacker
If there are someones of you gays to help me
Please help me

theMunchBox
6 years ago

^my mentor did tell me that sleepy gays are the superior hackers

what exactly do you need help with? you seem to be doing just fine honestly.

Killercrach69
6 years ago

to be an hacker is to be smart for first and to have a good eyes to Open the chifree thing and there is to kind of haker w can’t forget this the bad and the good for these day i dont now what kind i gonna be :@ :p :p

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 19

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss