get inside a pc through an open port

Dave97
7 years ago

with nmap is possibile to see if there are some open ports, so if we find some open port, is possible to connect or communicate or get inside a pc through that port (unregistered port) ?
If yes how? and if no why?
Thank you :)

12replies
7voices
277views
theMunchBox
7 years ago

This isn’t anything new. An open port is a service. You request it, the port you are connected to responds. So yes, very possible.

Why not Google your question and see the results?

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
7 years ago

You should read about how networks work + we’re not going to how to get into other people’s compter ‘cause that’s against the CoC :)

anonghost321
7 years ago | edited 7 years ago

even if you get few vulnerable ports open, you will need the root access.for which you will have to brute force the password.
and between these two things there are millions of hurdles ,firewalls and other roadblocks that will stop you.
good luck.

Dave97
7 years ago

oh ok.. with a server is easier to communicate through a specific port so my problem was to do the same with a pc which hasn’t any running service created to accept external request.
Mugiwara at the moment i don’t want do anything illegal haha.. i’ve seen that one of my pcs has some unregistered port open, so i’m quite curious if i can use them to do something not expected in the application.
I’ve try with telnet, but it doesn’t worked, so there is any other way?
With google i have not find nothing special, the only way to do that is to build an application that send out a request and wait for a response so i can bypass the firewall and any other hurdle right?

theMunchBox

[quote=Dave97]I’ve try with telnet, but it doesn’t worked, so there is any other way?[/quote]

There’s always another way. You just need to be more creative.

[quote=Dave97][T]he only way to do that is to build an application that send out a request and wait for a response so i can bypass the firewall and any other hurdle right?[/quote]

Sounds to me like you have a plan. Why not try and “build [the] application” and make it bypass obstacles? Judging by your score, you’re [supposed to be] knowledgeable. Consider using your brain and your favourite search engine more often.

Dave97
7 years ago

mmm ok i’ll try it.. at the moment i don’t have nothing special to do, is only a “self-challenge”.
Until now i’ve played with web security, so pc vulnerability are quite a new thing to discover for me

anonghost321
7 years ago

how would you get the i.p of a p.c you want to attack?just wondering.

Dave97

bah in this case the pc is inside the lan ..so i’ve used nmap
if it’s outside i think wireshark, but afetr the problem is to pass the router reef (and i’m not able to do it now haha).
mmm if the victim user downloads and run my application it would be easier

..any suggestion is well accepted :)

dimooz
7 years ago

[quote=Dave97]mmm if the victim user downloads and run my application it would be easier[/quote]
So you built your own trojan? I’m curious..

b1nary

lol wtf is this thread , i think its clear enough from the theMunchBox response what a open port means , also not only nmap but many other port scanners out there tell you a detailed info about the service that is running on that port, with some basic google skills you can easily understand whats going on and why is the port open.

now if your problem is that u are seen open ports that you didnt open or didnt install any software that use them , then you should go into the machine and gather info about what services/process are running in the background. but if you are looking for a guide about how to hack a pc via open ports then im sorry but its againts the ToU and CoC

Dave97
7 years ago

wait haha.. the thread is taking a wrong way haha
I haven’t built any trojan, only some web socket applications in C, but this isn’t the problem.
I wanted only to know some different ways to see if is possible to interact with a pc inside the lan if it has an open port, that i didn’t open.

script01
6 years ago

let me know when you finished with that app

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 13

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss