Anyone hacked phone PINs?

twister1996
7 years ago | edited 7 years ago

Hey all :D Sorry if this is a wrong place to post things like this, but I didn’t really know where else to go with this.. I have an unusual problem. My family got a few of those “connected” SIM cards so we could basically talk between each other for free but are charged for calls towards other numbers. Now, I had my PIN written on a small plastic card that I’ve got from our provider.. and I never memorized it. After some time, somebody (?) decided to get rid of it. xD Now I am unable to use my SIM card FOR UNLIMITED FREE CALLS and it’s really important for me to have that number. (you can guess why :D).. I had put it in my second phone, which is quite old - Samsung Galaxy Y and used it a few times afterwards. After my phone was powered off, on the next login I was asked for the PIN. And I cannot remember it. Now, the phone is rooted and I have my recovery mode enabled. I tried booting into it and removing my data (factory reset), also removing the cache - but it didn’t work. So now I have two more shots left before I will be asked for my PUK. I know there are other options (calling the provider and going through all of the messy process) but I am interested in figuring out if it is somehow “hack-able” :) One more thing, I didn’t set the PIN - it was already set by the provider before I got the card. Sorry for the long post :D

3replies
4voices
190views
atomize
7 years ago

Call the provider.

Smyler [WHGhost]
7 years ago

Some ISPs set the same default PIN code on all their SIM card, So you can try searching fot it on duckduckgo or Google.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 4

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss