Bugcrowd/other bug bounty sites

bagy
7 years ago

Hey,
is there someone who has experience with bugcrowd.com (bug bounties “coordinator”)? - or other similar sites?

Apparently a lot of the signed up companies require participants to be verified (in other words - bugcrowd requires you to send in a scan of your ID/driver’s license/passport in order to be “verified”). I’m not sure I want to do that. I would consider doing it if I knew ~ how much more companies there are if you are a verified member or if someone else would recommend it.

Thanks.

2replies
2voices
187views
theMunchBox
7 years ago

I know many people w/ experience in bug bounties; especially bugcrowd. Everyone had nothing but positive things to say. I’m not a member myself but if I wanted to sign up to be one, w/ bugcrowd, I would do it. Seems worth it.

bagy
7 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I talked to someone at my faculty who has experience with bugcrowd and apparently you only get to interesting projects and bug bounties after a private invite - which you may get after you report a couple bugs you find in the publicly accessible list. So in other words - just verifying doesn’t get you access to pretty much anything extra.

And there is no way a scrub like me is finding vulnerabilities in stuff like Heroku,Spotify or Pintrest. lol.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 3

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss