Bypass 30 day free trial

TokerJoker
6 years ago

I hope I’m not going over the rules by asking this - if so, forgive me,
what are all the possible ways of bypassing a 30 day free trial on certain programs?
(I was asked this in an interview question)
This is what I came up with:
If files are stored on your computer from the program, you can delete them from the
registry and simply re-install.
If the information (your MAC address) is saved on a cloud (their network), you can change your MAC
address.
Another possibility is to use reverse engineering to remove the part of the 30 day trial from the program.

Any more suggestions?

3replies
2voices
1,966views

Well even if it isn’t I will assume this is for educational purposes. There are many ways to do it and it really depends on the application.

Example option number 1:
The first thing you always want to do is either find out if it is connecting to the internet or block its connection to the internet. You can then proceed to changing your time so the 30 days never passes.

Example option number 2:
Use a debugger to find out what’s happening inside the application and stop it from happening, some applications are protected from simple methods like the above but you can easily stop it from happening with some research.

Example option number 3:
As you mentioned completely uninstall the program including registry keys and reinstall it after changin your hwid and/or any other identifiers the application might be checking.

Example option number 4:
Again using the debugger another way to get rid of the 30 day trial is to activate it, you can find how the activation process works by going through the reference strings and analysing what the code is doing. After that you can either create a key generator or you can bypass the activation window completely. This will only work if the activation process does not require access to an online server.

Example option number 5:
Purchasing the application using harvested paypal accounts, false information and/or social engineering by contacting their support.

Creativity is the key to hacking. I simply listed most of the basic and used techniques by hackers but some research into these will reveal a lot more information as this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Hope I was somewhat helpful although I didn’t quite give you any information you didn’t already have. I also refrained from giving references because I believe doing so would not be right, since it would limit your creativity and research potential. This is my first post so I apologize if my writing skills are not the best.

Happy hacking :)

TokerJoker
6 years ago

Thanks mate!

No problem! Btw I don’t really know your skill level but depending on what that is you could find my article posted under “Becoming a Blachhat hacker” on this forum useful :)

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 4

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss