just a general conversation for everything

comrad1989
6 years ago

hi, everyone you may call me comrad
I am currently looking to improve my skills and streamline my efficiency.
i am considering adding new tools to my kit.

it, might be helpful to describe some of my aims sense a every tool has a philosophy of use.
i do like to have general purpose tools as well as strategic targeted tools.

im looking more to mapping domains and subnets finding mac addresses geo location sgl vulnerabilities
back doors fly traping networks learning more about rfid and tools
ss7 gateways moble hacking and web servers and databases such as sql injection and so fourth

also setting up remote servers and overhauling anonymity
and router exploitation ense the fly traps and remote monitering

my current os is parrot sec os

10replies
6voices
236views
Mugi [Mugiwara27]
6 years ago | edited 6 years ago

Hello comrad,

I heard you want to improve your skill, huh ?

First of all, get rid of this “Parrot SecOS”, why trying to use something you don’t know ?
I’m pretty sure you don’t have enough skill to use all these tool by yourself.

Get a regular OS, Debian, Ubuntu, Arch, anything but not these shitty “Sec OS”

You shouldn’t try doing illegal things like you said in your post when you’re not even done with Basic+3

Hey, here’s an idea for you, you’re up to learn from it or not ;
Learn first how networks works, learn to use a good Linux distribution and then, do some levels there, you’ll learn the basis of the basis ( + more if you go far )
Then maybe you can learn about mapping domains, subnets, finding mac address ( I don’t get it tho ), geo location, etc.

If you need any help with anything, a level, or you don’t get something you’re trying to learn, feel free to PM me !

Have a nice day!

SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

Real men develop their own OS B)

Darwin [DIDIx13]
6 years ago

+r4v463
Fine … I think I’m a real girl so ;_;

Hi comrad,

First I’d like to say [s]I use Arch[/s] welcome to HT!

Jokes aside, listen to what Migiwara has told you, it’s good advice. Find a distro such as Arch or Debian and go from there.

I personally have probably learnt more about computers, programming and how various things work just from installing and using Arch than I have any other distro thus far. It has really good documentation for when you are stuck, but on the other hand it’s still really hands on and involving. Otherwise look into a distro like Debian or Ubuntu, which are easier to set up but will still give you the basic grounds to learn on. Choose a distro that works best for you :)

Just keep in mind, if you need a security tool you can install it as you need them. Then you’re more likely to learn the tool in-depth than being overwhelmed with a bunch of tools you don’t even know how to use or what to use them for.

Sorry for coming across as harsh, just trying to help :)

Happy Hacking!

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
6 years ago

Arch power!

dloser
6 years ago

Yeah, listen to Migiwara! :p

@DIDIx13 : @r4v463’s statement didn’t say anything about women. Nothing stopping you from creating The PinkOS!

:(){ :|: & };: [kaninte]
6 years ago | edited 6 years ago

Arch <3

Also don’t forget to ">speed up your distro once you finish making The PinkOS ;)

SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

I should have been more precise: real men develop The BrownOS :p

Ahaha okay, that makes actually makes a lot more sense :p

SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

At first I wasn’t thinking about BrownOS, then @dloser speaking of a PinkOS make me think of his BrownOS x)

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 11

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss