Leaked 1.4 billion password floating in web

SilentKiller44
5 years ago

I recently found a link to 1.4 billion password dump. I thought it may be useful to you. As posting the magnet link here is not possible. Here is the alternate link https://gist.github.com/scottlinux/9a3b11257ac575e4f71de811322ce6b3 in there you can find magnet link to the file. The file size is 41 gb.

7replies
5voices
1,170views
Darwin [DIDIx13]
5 years ago

Thanks for the share @SilentKiller44 !

Vibhakar Solanki [gala]
5 years ago | edited 5 years ago

[quote=] [color=white]….there you can find magnet link to the file. The file size is 41 gb.
[/color][/quote]

its actually :

4.1G compressed  
9.0G uncompressed  

No personal information included - just a list of passwords```  

It seems just over half this file is wasted space. The uniq command only removed duplicates that are directly following each other.  

wc -l *txt```

384153427 breachcompilation_sorted.txt
1012024699 breachcompilation.txt

3.8G breachcompilation_sorted.txt 9.0G breachcompilation.txt

SilentKiller44
5 years ago

It’s with email and password.

Psyberion
5 years ago

Filtering it in the way @gala suggests would only remove a line if there’s another identical line in the file, since no specific field was chosen when sorting. In other words, even if it is email and passwords there is duplicate information in the file.

Darwin [DIDIx13]
5 years ago

It’s not @SilentKiller44 only passwords no other information.

SilentKiller44
5 years ago | edited 5 years ago

I think @DIDIx13 the first magnet link posted by scottlinux contains only passwords with 4.07 GB but the second magnet link posted by modInfo contains hacked email with passwords having 41 GB filesize.

WOW SilentKiller44 Link to 1.4 billion passwords

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 8

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss