CEH and OSCP Certifications

Fearless1
5 years ago | edited 5 years ago

Hello, everyone!

I was recently searching and found that these two certifications are almost mandatory before entering the cyber security field, so I was curious if anyone had any good resources to learn from? There are a lot of different courses out there, but I would like the best one to learn from. Thank you for any help!

3replies
2voices
178views
Smyler [WHGhost]
5 years ago | edited 5 years ago

[quote=Fearless1]I was curious if anyone had any good resources to learn from? [/quote]
HackThis!!
Wechall and every sites you can find there
Vulnhub
All of those are free, and have great resources to learn from, but may be less professional than a certification (which can be very expensive, eg. OSCP is 800$US), and I don’t think they are recognized by employers. So I would advise to start with free online challenges, and even to stick with them if all you are only looking for fun while hacking. I you really need a certification, I am sorry but I haven’t done any, so I have no advice on that side.

And I am sure you can also find very good resources at your local library or book shop, good old paper theory is often better than online courses.

Fearless1
5 years ago

With those sources (I realized I didn’t write in addition to HackThis! Because I am learning a TON here), would it be possible to pass any certification classes I may need? My future employers will want them, on top of a degree, to really stand out. The price sucks, really, but is what it is.

Thank you!

Fearless1
5 years ago

WHGhost, you answered my question pretty completely, but I’m leaving it open in case someone has info on the certificates, themselves. I’m 2 years away from finishing my degree in cyber security, so I have time, but I love getting head starts when possible, and I’m thankful one of my teachers pointed me in this direction!

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 4

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss