From base 62 I get this

NamasteMan
5 years ago | edited 5 years ago

What kind of encoding could this be? Sorry I meant to type base 64…
.]ipdehhi
..-5=.y
.x|hpD)1.\lt.lx.lL|.d@lxh|hD)1d.tD)e4]a=LD)e$\i@i.ud@}h.hD)ex]) 8]IhL|ele.u4Il}I.....D)ap\d.h.dl.4HtHdtd.lt.lx.lLH.x@lxh|hD)yd]idD)5p`|LD)1h]55D).d]D)58]D)1.].D)

19replies
5voices
276views
Mugi [Mugiwara27]
5 years ago

It’s not because there is something with “==” at the end that it means its only base64’d

dloser
5 years ago

@Mugiwara27**: I think there are more requirements for Base64. ;)

@NamasteMan**: Perhaps provide the Base64-encoded data. Copying binary data like that often doesn’t work correctly (like in this case, I think). This is exactly the reason why it is typically Base64 encoded in the first place.

Also, why do you think it is further encoded?

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
5 years ago

I know right, but I guess he just found some encoded/encrypted data with “==” at the end and thus thought it was base64

But I’m just making assumptions :p

NamasteMan
5 years ago

Yeah sorry dude’s I really wasn’t clear in my post, I took some basic code with base 64 I assumed it was base 64 due to the ‘==’ at the end. I have tried it through cyber chef ect. Basicly guy’s I started receiving e-mails from someone called Sara, and through there to be more to the e-mails that what met the eye. I have based this assumption off the wording and what the email addresses lead to. I believe stegonography to be in place but I’m still trying to figure out what I’m looking at. I would be willing to share with someone through PM.

Smyler [WHGhost]
5 years ago

You’re lucky! I would love to receive personalized challenges like that, it sounds fun! Have you tried base32?

dloser
5 years ago

I’m going to go with pgp encrypted penis enlargement pills (PEPEP).

NamasteMan
5 years ago

WHGhost how would you go about investigating the emails? Some of the received messages are addressed to other people. I have 4 messages in total. The image files are bigger the the average jpg so I know they are loaded, when using image stenography on the images i.e colour manipulation it’s a completely different image all together.

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
5 years ago

PEPEP? Sounds cool!

NamasteMan
5 years ago

What brings you to the conclusion of PEPEP? Is this a joke I don’t understand or?

Reply has been removed
Mugi [Mugiwara27]
5 years ago

Yup, we’re just jokin' around :p

NamasteMan
5 years ago

LOL, i’m a complete novice here. Just trying to learn my way around ;)

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
5 years ago

We’re joking, not making fun of anyone, don’t worry, we’ve all had understanding problems when we were beginners :p ( dloser is not included into this, AI doesn’t count )

Goulmy
5 years ago

Sorry if this is off topic, but I’ve seen a few posts like this implying dloser might not be human. What’s this all about if I may ask?

dloser
5 years ago

Yeah, what is up with that, fellow humans?

NamasteMan
5 years ago

LOL, is dloser an alien?

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
5 years ago

Check this thread you’ll understand more https://www.hackthis.co.uk/forum/off-topic/20270-djokes

NamasteMan
5 years ago

Ty, lol so dloser is like Chuck Norris on a computer? Respect.

NamasteMan
5 years ago

“MySpace actually isnt your space, its dlosers (he just lets you use it).” is dloser Peace?

Goulmy
5 years ago

Thank you Mugiwara27.

Seems like dloser is a legend.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 20

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss