Leave Your Input. :D

[deleted user]
5 years ago

Hey; i’m fluox, i’m posting here today to ask for help.

I am what you would call a “Novice”

I’m not too good but i’m looking to improve

I was wondering if any of the users here could help me or point me in the direction i should be heading to improve my skills.

If anyone has any tips please feel free to reply to this thread.

Thanks in advance. <3

7replies
6voices
252views
fred [feuerstein]
5 years ago

It is a bit difficult to say what basics you should know. For this site you should have knowledge on the web-things like HTML, JavaScript, PHP, SQL, and maybe some basic with server-client-architectures (what is executed where, what is transferred, what are requests aso).

In general I’d say you cannot learn all the computer-science, but you can have a big idea and when you’re facing a problem/task then you can dig deeper on that specific topic what is also a nice way to learn more (grow with your tasks)

You can simply start with the first challenge here, and if you don’t know what to do you can read a bit in the forum, google around on the topic (not for the solution) and when you are really stuck you can also ask ppl here or in pm

So welcome, good luck & have fun

[deleted user]
5 years ago

Thank you for replying! :D

I do indeed already have a basic understanding of HTML and JavaScript so i guess i have a good start.

PHP and SQL on the other hand, i have no understanding off; this will be my main focus.

Then i will possibly learn to code in python since i’ve heard it’s great. B)

fred [feuerstein]
5 years ago

Python has a great library to make things easy and the syntax is easy to understand. Was fun to me to have time with python

Daewei
5 years ago

I, like you, am a noviceI do JS for making games and visuals and some HTML w/ SQLand I’ve found the easiest way for me to familiarize myself with what to look for, what to do/not to do and what a function does is to simply read through source code on websites. If I see something I find interesting or confuaing, Ill isolate it in a separate file and run it, fiddle with it and see what it does. Because I consistently do this excersize, I’ve made myself pseudo-fluent in C, C++, Java, etc. I recommend this to anyone looking to understand how individual commands interact with others, how multiple languages can be integrated effectively and efficiently and even how to understand source code, not just read a bunch of weird words without understanding it, in such a way that you can find the chunks that are important, isolate individual functions and even find extraneous bits of code that might just be an old back door.

Also, if you do find a function or sequence you dont understand, dont immediately run to someone experienced to see what it does. After copying & saving the original, break it down to individual commands, think about what these do by themselves, then piece them together to figure out what they do as a collective. (Note: its generally easier to put the individual commands back together in small chunks, looking at how… lets say… 5 commands work together, then another 5, and so on, going from single commands to small chunks to larger chunks until youve got the whole picture.) Sometimes it helps to take notes with larger bits of code, such as drawing a flow chart on a notepad. This will ensure you dont forget what that first few bits do while youre working out the rest. You might even want to keep that info if you find a flaw, extra/malicious code, etc.

peacez98
5 years ago

Hi Im also new to this “hacking”. I would love to discover more for my knowledge :)

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
5 years ago

Just work on the challenges there and when you’ll be done with it, you’ll have a good set of knowledge to start with. Then you’ll probably understand by yourself how to learn things

Good luck!

Plasma_16
5 years ago

You should learn HTML and CSS, and then try to do some of the basic missions. After that, do some research on SQL Injection and XSS. Next, look into password cracking, malware and Network sniffing

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 8

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss