Tracing bomber at school

maelyss
5 years ago | edited 5 years ago

edit: police file was made and we are not allowed to give away any information now, thank you for ideas though

7replies
7voices
254views
8 replies have been removed
theMunchBox
5 years ago

have any more ideas @Plasma_16 ?

plew2000

I’m no expert and I’m mainly here to learn not give advice; however, you could look into filing a police report. Once it is in the hands of the police perhaps they could get the information from his service providers. That’s all I can think of.

TLDR: I don’t think it’s possible to trace this user given all the countermeasures he has taken to cover his tracks.

Mugi [Mugiwara27]

Plasma_16’s multiples messages in one ;
[quote=Spammer lvl1]
First, see if they’re using a vpn, because if there not and they made a mistake, than you got them.

because then You could trace the email header to find an ip address

you could try and get them to go to a website thats feeding them malicious content and get their location

or, this would be harder, but you could try and hack into their webcame using a RAT and take a picture, then go through that pictures metadata to get their location

or (this like never gonna work, dont try this method) you could try and get them to (get ready to laugh) email you a picture that they took at there home so you could get the location lol DONT TRY THIS

or you could just be annoying and get their ip from the email header and DDoS them lol

hope this helped (lol besides the one where you try to get them to send you a picture of themselves inside their own house)

I would, if i were you, try and get them to click a link that would install a remote access tool on their computer
[/quote]

Smyler [WHGhost]
5 years ago

@maelyss Note that you should be careful to not break the law while identify him or her, you would probably get in more trouble than him if he were to sue you for breaking into his home network or computer.

LostandFound [jms1103]

I have to agree with Plasma_16 in getting them to install a RAT program, such as NANOCORE, or BLACKSHADES. However, I would check with both local law enforcement as well as state police cyber crimes units to see if they have any suggestions and to double check that getting this person to install a RAT is considered legal or not.

Or, has it has been suggested, go through the email header to find the IP. There are many sites that allow you to track an IP address for free, including IP Tracker Online, and many others.

You could also try to contact ProtonMail and inform them that the account is being used in this way, as they have a strict policy against this.

Smyler [WHGhost]
5 years ago

Installing a RAT without the permission of the owner of the device is 100% illegal, not matter if he broke the law.

Reply has been removed
Smyler [WHGhost]
5 years ago

It is legal if they install it knowing it’s a RAT, giving you full access to their computer. So it can’t be used legally for such a purpose. Even if it was, it’s your voice against theirs, and you are likely to be the one in trouble.

Discussion thread has been locked. You can no longer add new posts.
1 of 8

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss