confused where to start??

Sarthak2002
4 years ago

hi everyone,
i am a bit confused about where t start hacking i am a newbie and don’t know much about coding and stuff.
can anyone please help me by replying what should i do first.
please!

12replies
8voices
255views
1image
fred [feuerstein]
4 years ago

I’d suggest to learn HTML, later Javascript, then maybe a bit of php. Then you should combine how they work together in a client/server structure to get how the http is working. There you will come to networking things like tcp f.e.

I think this is pretty much to learn, but a good basis

dimooz
4 years ago

@feuerstein is right, you should start with the basics. When you know HTML & javascript, you can try some XSS attacks, this kind of exploits/flaws is still widely used nowadays. Once you mastering it, you can give a try to some more powerful languages like python.

jones666
4 years ago

I have the same problem , and in your answer i have the impression that we don’t have to start with the first level .
I mean before that we have to learn how to HTML ect works am i right ? ( sorry for my english ^^)

dimooz
4 years ago

Before learning how to hack, it could be better to learn first how to code. But if you just want to complete challenges, that works too. In that case, you should start with the first level(s). Good luck!

Muzec
4 years ago

you can start by learning how HTML works am still learning tor

Reply has been removed
4 years ago

I'am in the same situation, I have been on a computer for a long time and I have the impression that I have not learned anything about the machine and the Web.
I want to learn but I do not know by or I should start because I’m very experienced, between programming, cryptography, network, etc … I’m lost

dimooz
4 years ago

Try some programming at first (i.e. python as it’s really simple and powerful). Then learn about networks, that helps too. You shouldn’t start with crypto as it requires some previous knowledge. If you really plan to learn about crypto, you should consider learning some low level programming, like C or C++ language. it’s a bit tough at the beginning but really helpful for what you’ll need to understand afterwards (i.e. memory management and things like that).

4 years ago

Thank’s for the information Dimooz !
I see people talking about learn html and JS first are you not agree with that ?
I suppose that all languages are important, but what the difference between all ? There is one of them more hmm important ? Not really important i mean like the most used ?

dimooz
4 years ago

Python is really powerful, you can do almost everything you need or you could think about with it. It’s a script language, so you won’t have to compile your programs once you wrote them, like in C. HTML and javascript are really easy to understand too, so you can start with them too, especially if you plan to program for the web later (in this case you’ll also have to learn php and/or perl in order to program on the server side, as html and js are interpreted on client side only).
I completed all levels here on HackThis using only html, javascript and php so I can say this is a good combo, however, I could have done the job really faster and easier with python only. You got the advantage to haven’t been polluted by nasty programming habits yet, so if I were you, I’ll start with python. Nothing prevents you to also learn html and javascript on the same time, as it’s really simple.

4 years ago

I’m very happy to have found this website, you guys give me more motivation and the way i must take.
Thanks a lot for your time and your informations, i’m gonna pratice now ! we’ll meet again soon I hope, have a nice day Dimooz

dimooz
4 years ago

Thanks, I hope you’ll enjoy learning programming, with python or any language you’ll try. If you want to practice programming efficiently, you can give a try to this website: https://www.codewars.com
There already are a few HackThis challengers inscribed, tell us if you want to join.

playerk3tt0
4 years ago

There are a lot of great sites to learn programming.
For example https://www.w3schools.com/
Search for language manual (or reference) and the official tutorials too.
(E.g. Google: php manual, php tutorials)
Start with tutorials, then move to manuals.

When you learn Web Programming, I suggest you this order:
1) HTML
2) CSS
3) JavaScript
4) PHP and SQL (You can start SQL when you start learning about Databases in PHP)

You need other languages too:
1) Python
2) C
3) C++
4) Assembly (this language will be the hardest)

You can start with learning HTML or Python.
If you are brave, you can learn HTML and Python in the same time, but I would suggest you one language at one time. :)

Addition:
- You might need Ruby, Perl, ASP in the future too.
- But learn the most common languages first.

I wish you the best!

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 13

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss