Wireless network card

slaine
7 years ago | edited 7 years ago

Can anyone confirm if Broadcom bcm4366 chip works in debian/kali ?

Network card: ASUS PCE-AC88 AC3100

//Thanks

6replies
5voices
329views
tl0tr
7 years ago

You can always download the drivers and install it if it doesn’t work directly. I have a Asus laptop with Broadcom wireless chipset and I had to use the Ubuntu Additional Drivers to install the drivers for the WiFi adapter. I am not sure if Kali Linux has something like that.

f0rk [HackingGuy]
7 years ago

Well. It depends on the version of Kali you get.
I have a Qualcomm Atheros QCA6164, and it wasn’t compatible with Kali 2.0 for some reason. I then (after extensive research) contacted a firmware constructor about the issue. He made sure an updated file came with Kali 2016.1 and I was able to Dual Boot.
Moral of the story: just do some research.

slaine
7 years ago

oh yeah i have researched for over 10 Days now , but the card is pretty new in the market but using the bcm4366 chipset , thats why i asked if someone could confirm. But im looking at other PCI-e card also. i have found 2 two cards now that have supported chipset.

ihab111
7 years ago

when i modifat same page i dont know how to keep it please help me

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 7

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss