HOIC ( DDOS Attack Tool )

angell [angellomichel387]
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

What is HOIC?
Hight Orbit Ion Cannon, known as “HOIC” is a very powerful tool used to flood websites by launching a DDOS attack, Just like LOIC. but HOIC more powerful than LOIC because of the Booster Scripts.

So, how to flood a website with HOIC? its really very easy..

2) Click on the “+” sign under “TARGETS”, a pop up box should appear, now type in the website you want to flood in the box. Select Power to High, Select “GenericBoost.hoic” under the Turbo Booster section and click Add.

3) Select Threads 2 or 3, remember threads is number of users HOIC should simulate in order to attack since it is Distributed DOS attack, the more you select the more time it takes.

4) Now finally click on the Big Red Button “FIRE TEH LAZER” and wait. you can see the status of the attack from the program.
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/0bfe3.../analysis/

http://www.mediafire.com/download/znmkpcjrnh80c6k/Hoic%281%29.zip

17replies
19voices
6,250views
1image
Alien [StRe1cHeR]
10 years ago

Thank you for share.

[deleted user]
10 years ago

Thanks for the share altough i wont need it :P, please support the real developers or at least give credits to them.

Magical Cat Does Hax [magicalcatwithhax]
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

Uhmm…Does the ddos affect users globaly?Cuz when I used loic to ddos a website users in my local network couldnt access it but others around the world could.

Kane01
9 years ago

hmmm… nice :)

TaaRt
9 years ago

Still won’t take anything with a decent bandwidth down by yourself

[deleted user]
9 years ago

In my experience, HOIC is mostly useless. This fails on many pentests which I perform. Slowloris attack is much better…

Reply has been removed
X-One
9 years ago

thank you for shar

Reply has been removed
Holdz
9 years ago

The link on “virustotal” is false.
You can see the error on :
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/15/1428754333-capture.png

Can you post the true link ?

sjorspa
8 years ago

The problem with Dos attacks is that it not only affects the endpoint, but also an entire data center.
If you want to get websites down, there are many more effective ways.

G_joboy
7 years ago

Hello thanks do u need to be connected to internet before you can do it

f0rk [HackingGuy]
7 years ago

@G_joboy:
There is no internet connection required.
Although, there has been an update on the software for HOIC. Right now, you have to enter this in the TARGET section before it works:
Then click FIRE TEH LAZER and you should be good :)

Numlock90
7 years ago

[quote=G_joboy] Hello thanks do you need to be connected to internet before you can do it [/quote]

No what makes you think you need to connect to the internet to take a website down?!

dimooz
7 years ago

Broken download links…
“Dangerous File Blocked”
and “404 - The requested page could not be found”…

Lol
Use torshammer instead
Installation guide - here

For more information including download link: here

damag3d
6 years ago

you guys do know that LOIC/HOIC/etc.. are horrible tools for performing a “DOS” attack.
1. you can be easily traced because you are performing an attack from your home IP address.
2. you can literally rent a server and make a botnet if anything, it would be more efficient.
3. don’t waist your time on free distributed tools this only reason i clicked on this was so i could enlighten some fresh script kiddies on how horribly idiotic you guys have become.
love ~@Damag3d___

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
6 years ago | edited 6 years ago

Don’t be so harsh with them @damag3d , we don’t own the some knowledge
I, some years ago when I started doing hacking things, thought too that LOIC or HOIC were some great hacking tool

Then after some time, I learnt things and understood by myself how bad they were :)

And yes, has he said, if you wanna perform such a thing, you have some better and efficient ways.
You could make a little script + adding something that won’t show your IP address in their logs

I’m not gonna tell everything, ‘cause ToC and CoC :p
Google is your friend!

Stip
6 years ago

What makes ddos so cool or scary in first understanding the attack bu useing usch binaries of HOIC is the fact that one can designate a target and click a button and then witness the TTL dwindle to a stop….though that’s just not going to happen with an average home PC using fiber and one instance of HOIC….

For example… To impact a somewhat important companies infrastructure the attack will need at least 65GB or higher… just to make an impact if at all any impact at all, depends on a few things such as mitigations (e.g CloudFlare) It is highly unlikely that the attacker has a single machine with a big enough Internet connection to generate that much traffic on its own. To launch a 65Gbps attack for example you’d need a botnet with at least 65,000 compromised machines each capable of sending 1Mbps of upstream data.

Since renting a large botnet can be expensive and unwieldy, attackers typically look for additional ways to amplify the size of their attacks,
one such amplification technique called DNS reflection.

In saying all that, if you were to pen test am individual at a home PC the bandwidth needed will not be as much.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 18

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss