kali linux vmware

[deleted user]
6 years ago

i am using windows as an os and have downloaded kali linux.iso file to run in my virtual machine but it is not working, i have watched numerous tutorials online but non of them have worked for me. Anyone know what to do?

18replies
10voices
320views
? [bolofecal]
6 years ago

What error? Try enable PAE/NX in settings.

H4C3R
6 years ago

Is you’re VM settings refer to Linux?

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago | edited 6 years ago

You shouldn’t be using the regular iso, you can download a ready to go virtual machine file. Have a look at the Download Kali Linux VMware, VirtualBox and ARM images of the officiam dowload page, here: https://www.kali.org/downloads/

mychris
6 years ago

kali linux.iso it’s not a virtual machine, you can use it is you grave this iso on the CD or on the usb Key.
Search with google Virtual box Kali linux

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago

And because the iso is an installation medium, you can use it to install Kali in a virtual machine, but you will have trouble with drivers. It completly possible to setup a Kali VM from the iso…
But Virtualizers have a virtual machine file format, such as .ova files for Virtualbox, which contains a virtual machine fully configured with its hard drive etc…
And because Offensive Security knows that a lot of users prefer to run Kali as a VM, they provide such files.

[deleted user]
6 years ago

i use virtual box and i have tried all the above but nothing works

Smyler [WHGhost]

Did you download the 64bit VM? If so make sure you enabled Intel/AMD virtualization technologie in your BIOS.
Where does it fail exactly?

[deleted user]
6 years ago

it asks me to select a setup then no matter which one i click it goes to a blank screen and freezes

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago

What do you mean be a setup? Can you post a screenshot? You should not have to setup the VM yourself if you downloaded a .ova file.

2 replies have been removed
[deleted user]
6 years ago

i cannot post a picture and its a install menu on how i want to install kali

Micr0n [micr0n]
6 years ago

I’m with WHGhost, one of the most important things that aren’t shown in tutorials is activate Intel/AMD virtualization, it took me two months to realize it

Stip
6 years ago

For virtual images go here: https://www.offensive-security.com/kali-linux-vmware-virtualbox-image-download/ and select what virtualization software you have and select the corresponding 64bit link. Once it is downloaded execute it.

However if you insist on installing form an ISO perhaps try Virtual box instead https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads and use this guide it also helps with guest additions.

nathan69
6 years ago

Hi eveyone, i would like install kali linux on my computer. I have already intall kali linux but i don t know which emulator i have to download. Can you help me ? :)

Smyler [WHGhost]

You are not looking for an emulator, but for a virtualizer, like Virtualbox or VMWare. I personnaly use Virtualbox, but the choice is your.

-Virtualbox: easy to use, open source and free
-VMWare workstation: Has a free and a payed version

You should choose the one you prefer from what you can find online, but I think the first two are the best options for an everyday use. Other more complex virtualizers exists, such as qemu, but are more server class and may not be what you are looking for.

Virtualbox is included on almost every linux repo, or can be downloaded from virtualbox.org
VMware is available from vmware.com

Both of these tools will need Intel VT/AMD-V to be enabled to run 64bits systems.

You don’t need any of these tools if you wish to install Kali directly on you computer, but I discourage you to do so if you had never had any experience with Linux and Os installation in general.

Once your virtualizer is installed on your host computer, installing Kali is as simple as downloading the VM image from Offensive security sites, here: https://www.offensive-security.com/kali-linux-vmware-virtualbox-image-download/ , and restoring it.

ag47
6 years ago

hi friends me to i have problem with virtualbox but i think exectely with bios because he said tha “ this kernel requires an x86-64 CPU but only detected only i686 CPU ” . i found in forumes i shoud unable the virtualization featur but i can’t find it in my bios this’s motherboard’s information : fabrication MSI
bios version 32.4 please help me & thankx friends

Micr0n [micr0n]
6 years ago

I had the same problem +ag47 and i could resolve without changing the Bios. All you need is update the version, check your ISO if it isn’t corrupted and try, before start the ISO in VirtualBox click the arrow put the bottom: mount in safe mode, or something similar.

ag47
6 years ago

thankx micr0n my bios version is 32.4 motherboard MSI can you give me the link of updating & all the step

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 19

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss