340views
1image
John Smith [GRX78FL]
6 years ago

The answer is Emacs.

SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

Wrong answer!

I use Vim. I guess that’s because I’ve started with it. It’s so slow at the beginning, but so fast when you know how to use it ccorrectly.

Darwin [DIDIx13]
6 years ago

Vim will be my choice too I think.

Do you use gVim or console Vim r4v463 ?

SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

Console Vim. I hate gVim.

Darwin [DIDIx13]
6 years ago

Same here :)

SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

@GRX78FL It could be interesting that you tell us why you prefer Emacs.

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago

Nano has mouse support (option -m), which is quite usefull when working a an android terminal emulator where you have to do some sound-button-keboard shortcuts to emulate the earrow keys. Because it way easier to use on my phone, I stick with it on my computer.

SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

Nice argument. It’s true that on a phone, it must be hard to use vim x) and even more emacs

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago

I had to use Vim on my phone for a full afternoon when I had no internet and hadn’t installed nano yet. I wanted to write some python scripts to pass the time but I gave up after writing something like 3 lines in five minutes. My fingers still remember it xD.

SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

XD buy a keyboard and an adapter to plug the keyboard on your phone and use Vim.

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago | edited 6 years ago

I think I would rather cary my laptop. And still use Nano because I am so used to it now.

SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago | edited 6 years ago

I haven’t use nano a lot, is it really good to use when you use it correctly?

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago

It’s quite powerful, but maybe not as much as Vim. To be honest I don’t really know as I never achieved enough experince with Vim to use it at i’s its full potential.

SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

You should try it. I think that there’s some good tutorial out there. This for example.

John Smith [GRX78FL]
6 years ago

@r4v463 Because I want humans to develop a 6th finger in the next evolutionary mutation.

SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

Well, that’s a good argument XD

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago

I just had a look at Vim from your advice @r4v463, and turns out it also has mouse support. I will have a look at it later, but it looks very promising.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 18

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss