Privacy & Cookies

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
Forum Index

Sections

View

Filter topics in this section

Stats

Threads6,998
Posts56,862
Authors6,427

Kali Linux Or Parrot Os

Hacking & Security > Tools & Utilities > Kali Linux Or Parrot Os

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 34 total)
  • dimooz
    dimooz's profile picture

I'm sure there are many Kali users on the forum.
    userbar.png
  • HackingGuy
    HackingGuy's profile picture

Does it matter?
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
  • WHGhost
    WHGhost's profile picture

• [deleted user]

Parrot OS - Has many hacking tools and comes pre-installed with TOR.

Kali Linux - Does not come installed with TOR but contains more hacking tools
    7654321's profile picture

are they legal?
  • WHGhost
    WHGhost's profile picture

Of course, most tools are legal, the problem with legality is always between the screen and keyboard.
  • Mugiwara27
    Mugiwara27's profile picture

Having it and using it is legal, it's what you do with it that is illegal, or not
    You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '\'' at line 1
  • Th3_Fr3d
    Th3_Fr3d's profile picture

I use parrot on my small laptop since a few months now. I hadKali installed previously.
    There are several reasons why I prefer Parrot OS:

1. in contrast to Kali, Parrot OS is very light weight in terms of resource usage therefore it can easily run on older hardware
    2. Parrot comes with a wider voriety of tools, meaning it has a lot of IDEs/editors and tools for general purpose like the TOR browser
    3. Parrot has a lot of pen testing tools preinstalled (including all of kali's tools)
    4. I prefer the MATE desktop as it's more intuitive for me as a windows user

the only drawback is that there is not as much documentation available compared to kali, which isn't that bad actually as there are not that many differences between the systems in terms of usage. So most of the solutions that work for kali work for parrot as well.

But in the end the choice is up to you
  • DIDIx13
    DIDIx13's profile picture

• Mugiwara27
    Mugiwara27's profile picture

ArchLinux and you make everything from it ?
    You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '\'' at line 1
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 34 total)