Privacy & Cookies

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
Forum Index

Sections

View

Filter topics in this section

Stats

Threads6,998
Posts56,862
Authors6,427

Kali Linux Or Parrot Os

Hacking & Security > Tools & Utilities > Kali Linux Or Parrot Os

Viewing 10 replies - 21 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • WHGhost
    WHGhost's profile picture

Python has a lot of different use cases, and it is used for professional projects.
  • DIDIx13
    DIDIx13's profile picture

WHGhost Professional projects yes, it's not a multi-tool neither, you can't replace C / Go / Haskell with python or any .NET language

I love python, but you can't use it for everything
    loading.gif
  • WHGhost

Yes, but the doesn't mean it is not "useful in technology", whatever that means exactly.
  • HackingGuy
    HackingGuy's profile picture

Stay on focus of the thread guys
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
  • WarenGonzaga
    WarenGonzaga's profile picture

It doesn't matter which distro you want to use... the important thing is you can do whatever you want to do... for me you can master them both but again unnecessary but helpful if there is a distro specific penetration testing.
  • Rambaldi
    Rambaldi's profile picture

Hi there,

I used both, but i prefer Parrot OS.

Reasons: less resources and better structure of the preinstalled tools.
    Better looking as well haha.

Greetings.
  • fastguy
    fastguy's profile picture

didix13 k see your counterattack it just you have reason but in hacking script python Excel there we are
    Convenantt
  • WHGhost

Sorry fastguy, but I have no idea of what you are trying to say.
  • Moribus
    Moribus's profile picture

My take, if you intend to use it as a main os, use Parrot, if only as a vm use kali.

Kali isn't designed as a main os, I still do it though :P

So the question really is, which one do you want? All the tools one has, can be installed on the other, and mostly any other linux distro for that matter.

Maybe try both in a VM.

But my ONLY gripe with Parrot OS is the command line, even though it looks fancy, it is confusing to me :P
  • WHGhost

I don't think that any of them is meant to be a main driver for anything else than pentesting. The very fact that you are running as root on both of them says a lot. In fact, I would advise using a separate os for anything related to Hacking, and a VM if you still want to use your main computer, as dual booting isn't a good idea either. An other solution is to use a cheap laptop with the distribution of your choice to keep your main computer safe. You have to remember that to attack, you often have to lower your defenses. Having a separate burner computer is also a must if you want to intend any Hacking conference.
Viewing 10 replies - 21 through 30 (of 34 total)