BURP SUITE and Tamper Data

NamasteMan
5 years ago

I don’t seem to be able to get any of them to work currently, it’s rather frustrating to be honest with you.

Local proxy of localhost set up in firefox @ 127.0.0.1:8080
Proxy in burp suite is set up to do the same, yet it states that it can’t connect due to proxy issues? Every tutorial say’s to configure in this way and offers no real alternative. I’ve searched for a good while now, with no real luck so I turn to you guy’s.

4replies
4voices
593views
dloser
5 years ago

Well, it would help to be more specific in what you say and perhaps provide some screenshots. Not much to help with if you just say you configured it as you should or use vague sentences. (What is a “Local proxy of localhost”? “Proxy in burp suite …, yet it states…” suggest that Burp Suite is giving the error and not Firefox.)

Make sure you are configuring the Proxy Listener in Burp Suite, not the Upstream Proxy Servers. Test with netstat and telnet that it is actually listening. Make sure your firewall isn’t blocking things.

SilentKiller44
5 years ago

@NamasteMan, you have to also download and import burp certificates to your browser.

NamasteMan
5 years ago

Cheers bro, I have fiddled around with it and managed to capture some data, woohoooo!

Reply has been removed
Moribus
5 years ago

I suggest you check out Geri Revay’s course on udemy, called “Learn Burp Suite, the Nr. 1 Web Hacking Tool” on Udemy.

If I remember correctly it is a free course and not very long but is really good at explaining Burp Suite.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 5

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss