Basics Of Website Hacking

DanCooper008
7 years ago

So by far I have completed all 10 basic levels. 1 thing to notice here is that every time we are hacking by entering a username and password. But do every sites need this to be hacked? I am recently trying to hack some fake prostitution sites. Don’t have any idea where to start with.

3replies
4voices
182views
Devarel
7 years ago

Send the link of your website, so that we can take a look at it and see what could be done

xHOIx [giakhanglam]
7 years ago

Yeah.. I have the same question. What should I learn about website security? Learn how to create a website as JavaScript, HTML, http, and a server programming language???

Margus [modulo-]
7 years ago

@giakhanglam yes, all of that and more :) To be good at attacking you need to know your target well. Similarly like some anatomy can come in handy in hand-to-hand combat.

This is a case of walking before running: in many cases in the real world people forget passwords or other sensitive data in silly places or have credentials like admin/admin. Best knowing to check for that first.
There are many challenges on this site that go much deeper into the concepts of web security. Classical examples include XSS and SQLi.

Also think about what does “hacking a site” mean. There are many surfaces to a site as such: the web app running on it, the server platform underneath, the people administrating the site, the DNS services used to resolve the domain. Goals can also vary from denial of service to compromising user data to anything else imaginable.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 4

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss