Hacking lab basics

h.robert
7 years ago

Hey, I’ve created a hacking environment w/ VirtualBox. I used Kali Linux for pentesting and windows XP as a target. I created a DHCP server between the two virtual machines, but I don’t know how to use it!
Can someone help me? I tried looking on the net, but it’s mostly about creating the virtual lab.

8replies
6voices
317views
dimooz
7 years ago

Can’t you use any fixed IPs instead trying to use a DHCP server if you don’t know how it works?

h.robert
7 years ago

Ok, I’ll give it a try, thx

Smyler [WHGhost]
7 years ago

In virtual box, in each machine’s config/Network, you have a Nat network option, set the machine on the same network (you can create on in virtual box main config), and enable DHCP for that network.

akboy
7 years ago

Why exactly do you want to make an DHCP server between those 2 systems? Just curious :)

mugsprt59
7 years ago

Windows XP to be a DHCP server. Check this link it is step by step. I did use XP as DHCP when I was going for my MSE
https://wiki.csuchico.edu/confluence/display/help/Enable+DHCP+on+Windows+XP

jason1990
6 years ago

how do i set up the whole virtual box system i have tried for some number of times and itsstill not connectingn

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago

What are you trying to do @jason1990 ?

dimooz
6 years ago

[quote=jason1990]how do i set up the whole virtual box system i have tried for some number of times and itsstill not connectingn [/quote]

I suggest you read some tutorial on it? You say it’s not connecting, so your problem is certainly related to your virtual network config. Maybe you should try to configure it on Bridged or NAT connection through you host system.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 9

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss