Looking for mentor

r3tr0123
7 years ago

I’m lookin for someone to show me the basics of hacking in general, any help is welcome. I will do any work required.

6replies
8voices
244views
[deleted user]
7 years ago
Mugi [Mugiwara27]
7 years ago

friend from above me : underrated post

Apleez
7 years ago

If you are new you should learn how to code, python, ruby, and html at least able to read html. Also you should learn the basics of other coding languages they can be useful. Next use the internet their are plenty of guides and tutorials. I don’t think you need a mentor.

I don’t think you’re wrong about looking for a mentor but I think you’re wrong about the way you’re going about it.
I like to think of hacking as an art. You don’t need anyone to accept you as your mentor, you can find many mentors in the internet. Many defcon presentations, many exploit writers, many reverse engineers, a lot of work you can look at and learn from.

Just like painting you don’t look for someone to tell you what to paint, you just paint but it is useful to learn the basic skills first and have some guidelines and for that you look at other paintings. The basics of hacking is computer science so you should start by learning how computers are built, learning the architecture of a computer, how each component works, starting from the most basic of basics (touring machine) to the most complex. Then you should look at programming languages such as C, C++, python, ruby, perl, java, html, javascript&ajax, php, SQL languages. Also, don’t disregard .NET. I would also start assembly right away at the same time as python or C because it is extremely important. After that you should be looking at other areas of hacking. It is not just about computer science, it is about information security and information can be gathered from computer systems but also from other sources such as people. You should look into social engineering, social psychology and practice those skills. The more you practice the better. There are many online resources for you to practice such as this website, hackthissite, vulnhub (where you’ll find many CTF exercises), etc.

If you are serious about becoming a hacker you should also look at certifications such as CEH, CISSP, etc. because you’ll need them to start working in the subject. After you start working you’ll gain a lot more experience and knowledge.

proxy_chainer
6 years ago

Mentor = Internet … you should find a lots of stuff about hacking….. first learn some coding language… and then make server and then make server better ,,,, and than better better … afther that you should know how to hack.

q-wert-Y
6 years ago

I recommend you CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker) , It shows the basics and a little high level of hacking.

Reply has been removed
You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 7

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss