Need simple examples and prevention solutions for: Open Direct and Path Traversal

KingofOwls
6 years ago

Hello,

I am studying these 2 software vulnerabilities and I am trying to see a visual example of how a simple version of these attacks. I am trying to see a PHP or HTML example of an “Open Direct” and “Path Traversal” program so I can make more sense of them. I have been struggling to find good examples online that I can actually learn from so I can put my knowledge to use. If someone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

10replies
3voices
233views
testing935
6 years ago

vulnerabilities names ?

KingofOwls
6 years ago

URL Redirection to Untrusted Site(Open Direct) and “Path Traversal”

testing935
6 years ago

root me ?

lol

KingofOwls
6 years ago

Or an example of: Classic Buffer Overflow, Download of code without integrity check, inclusion of functionality from Untrusted Control sphere, Use of Potentially Dangerous Function, Uncontrolled Format String, or Integer Overflow or Wraparound

KingofOwls
6 years ago

What do you mean by “root me”?

testing935
6 years ago

ho I was thinking you’re register on “root-me.org” lol

KingofOwls
6 years ago

oh okay. I never heard of root-me.org lol

KingofOwls
6 years ago

Can you can help me with small code examples and solution to 2 of any of those vulnerabilities though?

testing935
6 years ago

Go on
Maybe you will find the solution on this site with his IRC ;)

SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

If you want to learn some attacks, go to OWASP and take a look to the attacks that interest you.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 11

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss