virtual box Vram problem

i have a video card with 2 gb of ram and i want to allow at least 256mb of arm to the virtual machine but i have just 128mb allowed so how can i increase the Vram to boost my vm

5replies
4voices
252views
juniorlef11
4 years ago

Sorry for telling you that.. but you have to purchase some amount of ram.. Even if you’ll be able to give more than 128 MB to your VM, you wont be able to do anything with that. So be patient my friend…

fred [feuerstein]
4 years ago

@juniorlef11 he is speaking about videoram ;)

juniorlef11
4 years ago

OK. hahaha :P
Did you answer him via pm?

fred [feuerstein]
4 years ago

No I have no experience with virtual box

Darwin [DIDIx13]
4 years ago

Virtual Box supports up to 256 MB of video RAM. This can not be set using the slider of the Virtual Box Manager.

To make full use of all supported memory we can issue the following command in a terminal:

VBoxManage modifyvm "Name of VM" --vram 256

Before we change settings such as the video RAM a pre-existing virtual machine has to be shut down.

Note that for 3D video hardware acceleration from the guest addition’s video driver the physical RAM of the host graphics card will be passed through. The video RAM settings of the virtual machine will not affect this.

First google search

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 6

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss