Bruteforcing a non-standard hash authentication popup

Avengers.it
7 years ago

So I’m trying to hack my friend’s IP Camera (He knows and gave consent) and I thought it would be pretty routine. He told me there was a two letter lowercase password, and that the username was “admin”. I figured I could bruteforce it pretty quickly, however when I tried to look at the authentication request I would have to replicate in order to bruteforce, I noticed the password is hashed. I did some research and discovered it’s a non-standard hash. Is there any way I can still write a program (preferably in python) that will run the wordlist through the hash algorithm before it sends the authentication request? If it helps he’s using the “IP Camera” app for android. Also, I have no way of accessing any directory listings or filenames because the authentication is required in a popup upon browsing to the web camera’s home web directory.

Thanks in advance, let me know if there’s anything I need to clarify!

4replies
3voices
217views
tehron
7 years ago

The answer is “Yes”.

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
7 years ago

[quote=tehron]
The answer is “Yes”.
[/quote]
= i won’t tell you how to make it

tehron
7 years ago

What’s the purpose of hacking when you’re told how to do it?

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
7 years ago

[quote=tehron]
What’s the purpose of hacking when you’re told how to do it?
[/quote]
Indeed. Beautiful

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 5

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss