Best language to learn for hacking (only one)

moriarty123
7 years ago

Hi which computer language is best to learn for hacking? Please consider popularity in websites used worldly today/ what will be useful on multiple platforms i.e android etc and also what can help alot with hacking. I want to learn only one for now so opinions please thanks guys :-)

24replies
10voices
318views
1image
theMunchBox
7 years ago

Can’t go wrong with Python.

YotM0DSeeker
7 years ago | edited 7 years ago

For me, python is the best. Many libraries exists doing pretty much all the basic stuff. It is very easy to read and to code. I see it as a tool more than a programming language. (there are 2 versions of python available : the 2.x branch and the 3.x. I think using the 2.x is a good idea)

L00PeR

Python 2.7 is the best language.
easy, quick, short, powerful.

dimooz
7 years ago

[quote=TheMunchBox]Can’t go wrong with Python.[/quote]

+1, I do agree.

? [bolofecal]
7 years ago

Piet is enought.

dimooz
7 years ago

Piet? is that the way you pronounce “python”?

? [bolofecal]
7 years ago

No. Is piet

dimooz
7 years ago

(o_0!) I didn’t even know such a programing language did exist… !

? [bolofecal]

There is a theory that says that the Rubik’s cube is a 3d model of Piet.

[h1]???
???
???[/h1]

PNTSTR
7 years ago

1. Python is universal and simple.
  2. PHP if you want do a security researching in popular web projects.
  3. JAVA if you want be a WHITE hacker for banking sector. And Android too!
  4. C/C++ if you wand to be a security researcher in Linux/Windows.
  5. Assembler if you want to be a REAL HACKER B)
dimooz
7 years ago

[quote=bolofecal]There is a theory that says that the Rubik’s cube is a 3d model of Piet.[/quote]

… and you know my love for Rubik’s puzzles! Maybe I should learn Piet programming next time…

? [bolofecal]
7 years ago

Great but piet is just for fun lol

Python is good and useful

dimooz
7 years ago

[quote=PNTSTR]Assembler if you want to be a REAL HACKER[/quote]

Not sure all ‘real hackers’ (what is real hacking, really?) know assembly programming… Assembler is good if you plan to build your own electronic boards, or crack some software limitations… imo. Python is even enough to drive Rasberry Pi devices.

PNTSTR

IMO real hacker is the guy who can find new vulnerabilities. It’s now searching for SQLinj, not XSS, not Metasploit usage. It’s bigger.
It’s writing your own exploit for escalating privileges in modern Linux Core. It’s about finding something like MS08-067 by youself. And you can’t do it without debugging and assembler knowledge.

dimooz
7 years ago

Not sure, it should be possible to gain privileges escalation even if you don’t know assembler language. No need to know assembler to know how works the stack or to find some vulnerability in programs in C or Perl… However I agree, real hackers are guys who can find some, who can make a system working another way than the one it’s intended for.

Reply has been removed
YotM0DSeeker

I agree with the fact that assembly can be very useful but I think being a real hacker is just a state of mind. Always looking for the sideways doors. You don’t need to know a specific programming language. Does knowing assembly make you a real hacker ? –> nop. What will make you a real hacker is the way you use this knowledge. For example the man who first used a coffee machine to cook vegetables is a real hacker. He found a vulnerability and he didn’t know assembly :)

dimooz
7 years ago

ha ha nice example :D

ziko [ziko483]
7 years ago

I think we can’t said best language for hack !
Each meal and her way for cooked
Learning and work professionally in the desired area ^^

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
7 years ago

In a proper way of saying what you said, @ziko483 ;
There is no such thing known as the “best hacking language”
When you’re dealing with a problem you’ll choose the most suitable language, and for another problem, another language
Thus, the “best” language depends on the situation

And that’s what I think about it too :)

DerpyAce
7 years ago

DerpyAce
7 years ago

I’m More of a html person but I do use python sometimes?

theMunchBox
7 years ago

@DerpyAce Um.. html is not a programming language lol

PNTSTR
7 years ago

Very often people say that “I’m HTML programmer”.
But HTML can’t do any logical operation (if, while…) and computing. It can only describe browser how to show us web-page (often with CSS).
That why HTML is only Markup language. You can read about it in wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markup_language

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
7 years ago

[quote=d]
No language is the perfect language in all situations; use what is appropriate
[/quote]
That’s all for me

hacking with html sounds fun tho

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 25

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss