problem with virtualbox "kali linux"

Pierre [redpirix]
6 years ago

I’m back with another little problem…I install virtualbox for kali linux with the iso of this site :“https://www.kali.org/downloads/

I install the software without any problem,but when I start “kali linux” is I run the installation I have an error message:

code: Bad EIP value.
EIP: (null) SS:ESP: 068:f54d3d8c
CR2: 00000000000000000
—–[ end trace d85d61972e2eeb51 ]———-
Kernel panic - not syncing : Fatal exception in interrupt
Kernel Offset: 0xd0000000 from 0xc1000000 ( relocation range : 0xc0000000-0xf81fdfff)
—–[ end kernel panic - not syncing : fatal exeption in interrupt

I can not either put a screenshot because he tells me what she conrompu.

thank you in advance for your help

10replies
3voices
907views
x2600
6 years ago

I would try to install it again from scratch. If you keep getting this particular problem, ensure that your processor meets the requirements for virtualization. And if it does, make sure that they’re enabled.

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago | edited 6 years ago

Do not install from the iso on virtualbox! Offendise Security provides an ova file, which is a ready to go VM, download that and import it in virtualbox.

Pierre [redpirix]
6 years ago

I started installing everything and still the same problem …… my processor is AMD QC-4000 1.3 GHz. I may be wishing with VMware ca could have worked.and I have nothing to make torrents work

Pierre [redpirix]
6 years ago

Can someone give me other software to be able to manage linux kali with my processor

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago

The problem doesn’t come from your CPU . Try re-downloading Kali, either the ISO or the AVO file. You should definitely choose the second one with Virtualbox. Once you downloaded it, make sure the checksums are correct.

Pierre [redpirix]
6 years ago

ok i will look for the AVO file and download it

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago

Actually, it’s OVA, I missed typed it on my original post. It’s available here in the Kali Linux VirtualBox Images section, here .

Pierre [redpirix]
6 years ago

thank you

x2600
6 years ago

I’m glad we have some virtualbox gurus in here. Let us know if the solution ghost posted works.

Pierre [redpirix]
6 years ago

yes I’m downloading the file and I’ll let you know

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 11

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss