Stuck after changing file into the right format

24 bit

guigu34
7 years ago | edited 7 years ago

Hello guys, I managed to convert the file into the right format i think and i got an >> image with something readable but this is not an username and a password and i have no idea how to decode it.

Thank you very much.

12replies
10voices
451views
SIGKILL [r4v463]
7 years ago

Hi,

you don’t need to change the file. Read and analyse what you have and act in consequence. Once you have something readable, it should be this. PM me what you have to avoid spoilers.

You are close but as r4v463 says, read and analyse a bit more, then when you have the correct info this resource should help you make sense of it.

http://www.garykessler.net/library/file_sigs.html

guigu34
7 years ago

Thanks both of you I managed to understand my mistake I juste make this challenge more complicated than it is.
Thanks Tylman for the ressources I will read it even if I completed this level :)

Your welcome ;)

Zenramz
7 years ago

What should i read/know to do Basic level?

Read through the forum threads to see if you can learn about what the level wants, there is plenty of info in the forum to help you pass this level.

You should be trying to understand file headers

Remember google is your friend

Naqi18
7 years ago

Iv done everyhting, i went on the link and i saved the notepad as somehting else but then when i open it, it says BM6 nd som weird text. Then i googled BM6 nd i undersood nothing. Need Help?

PNTSTR
7 years ago

Google about this more carefully and remove your message - it’s a spoiler.

PrateekJain
7 years ago

I’m facing the same problm as Naqi18

SIGKILL [r4v463]
7 years ago

Read some other threads, there are sufficient hints.

Reply has been removed
robinsane
6 years ago

hi guys,
I also have a problem, i changed>> the file extension and it seems that I have the infos i need but it doesn’t work what did i do wrong ?

thx

Micr0n [micr0n]
6 years ago

Try again, maybe you add without knowing any blank space

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 13

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss