One way works, other doesn't

Secure agent

Miraj50
6 years ago

Hello, So I completed this challenge using an addon (no spoiler), but I got something from stackoverflow. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1307013/mocking-a-useragent-in-javascript (See the first accepted answer). I tried this on scratchpad and pressed Ctrl+R. It showed me secure_user_agent in the popup, but when I refresh or go to another site and come back, it doesn’t show challenge completed!! Can anyone help me out in understanding as to why this is happening!!

2replies
2voices
183views
dloser
6 years ago

You should ask these kinds of questions on the solution board to avoid risking spoiling things, I’d say.

That said, doing it like that would only change it temporarily for the JS executing on that page at that time. Going to any other page or refreshing discards such changes. It is also not something that would normally be sent to the server when making requests, so it is pretty useless outside the context of that SO question.

Miraj50
6 years ago

Okay, thanks!! Makes sense by the way(whatever I am doing is happening locally). Also from next time, I shall make sure not to post in forums but in solutions section.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 3

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss