A plugin is needed to

Legion_six
7 years ago

Do I need a plugin to view the content so I can tamper with the data and which one is needed

6replies
4voices
226views
Smyler [WHGhost]
7 years ago

You need flash to view the content, if that’s what you are looking for. Otherwise you are probably speaking of Tamper data, but note that the level can be done without it.

Legion_six
7 years ago

can it be changed in the source page?

theMunchBox
7 years ago

Yes it can.

Legion_six
7 years ago

I’m looking at line 870 and when I look at the soucre page on the view-source:https://www.hackthis.co.uk/levels/extras/b3.swf. I get unread able texts any pointers on where to look

Smyler [WHGhost]
7 years ago

The thing is that flash is a compiled language, so what you see here is the ascii representation of a ‘program’ you can’t understand. In fact, even your browser can’t if it doesn’t have the flash plugin installed.
So you wont be able to modify the swf file. However, you can try to understand what it does to try to alter or fake it.

If you use Firefox, you can find some very useful informations in the network tab of the developer’s tools (F12).

theMunchBox
7 years ago | edited 7 years ago

Look? Not needed. You should learn how HTML submit data to a standard web page.

Intermediate Level 1 & 2 should prove helpful

Reply has been removed
You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 7

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss