Difficult level

dedude
6 years ago

Hi all, thanks for taking the time to read this.
I’ve been trying this level for a while now but haven’t gotten through to it yet.
i read about using a FF plugin called tamper data to alter the data before sending it through, however seems like this plugin isn’t available to modern FF installations.
That’s why i started using Cheat Engine to try to alter the data in my memory.
I managed to find the task and find several addresses in my memory with values of 109384 which is the score, some i can alter some i can’t . after changing it to a number higher than the requirement to get in the top list i press submit but it doesn’t accept my altered score.
anyone have any thoughts on what i am doing wrong ?

3replies
4voices
183views
Mugi [Mugiwara27]
6 years ago

if you can do it a way, do it the other way
Think about how is this level working when it comes to data and the “score” thing

You should then understand how to make it wayyyyyyy more easily
Good luck!

mytestaccount
6 years ago

Hint for everyone who use Linux and FF and tamper data (Kali in my case)
I was trying to solve this level about 6 hours at work with installed gnash (GNU flash player) instead of original Adobe flash player. No luck.
At home installed flash player from Adobe site and solved level successfully

Good luck to everyone

Dannydeleto [dannydeleto]
6 years ago | edited 6 years ago

Looks as if you posted a week ago, so I’m not sure if this is relevant or not anymore, but yes. You can edit your RAM to achieve the proper score, at least I did. As @Mugiwara27 stated, it is MUCH easier to go another route. Check the hint!

If you would like to go the RAM route, I suggest you download the .swf file and try to understand it a bit before you start screwing around with your RAM. Find the bytes of data you want to change hard coded in the file before you find it in your RAM. It sounds like you are just kinda poking around changing some memory addresses which is usually not very dangerous, but I certainly wouldnt advise it. Good luck!

Edit: Youll need to change the # to EXACTLY 194175. Anything higher or lower will not give you credit. That could be your problem.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 4

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss