should work but ....WTF

horus 71 [brelok]
6 years ago | edited 6 years ago

Hello,

Please tell me if I’m on a wrong way or missing something else to do.

As far as I’ve understood, we are here supposed to modify a value (the score of FLASH game) to complete this level.

I manage to identify that this score value is sent to the server in a POST query.
with some tools, I modified this value and sent it to the server and hoped it was done but…no: so either I did this wrong or I’m missing another action to do…

I don’t think I’ve done it wrong because I’ve tried with Firefox built-in dev-tool (F12) , isn’t it reliable?
As not working, I’ve tried the same scenario with Chrome and “Tamper Chrome” extension, again with no success!

Thanks for any help

5replies
4voices
208views
Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago

It should work. But this feature of Firefox dev-tools is quite broken I think. You may want to remove some of your post’s content to avoid spoilers.

horus 71 [brelok]
6 years ago

Thanks for your reply!
You confirm my guess: firefox dev-tools seems definitely have some bugs!

It’s quite weird: now the level is completed but i’ve done nothing different…either it’s my try with chrome which finally succeeded or a hackthis admin has considered I was worth it.

I wanted to add some hacking extensions in firefox but most of famous ones are not compatible any more in latest version of Firefox (58.0.2 Quantum / on Win10-64b).
A suggestion for alternatives options?

fred [feuerstein]
6 years ago

have you tried BurpSuite-Proxy?

keskparane
6 years ago

I think a lot of the tools are built into quantum, so you don’t need to install them. I have made it all the way to crypt 6 & done the first 3 real levels all with standard quantum.

horus 71 [brelok]
6 years ago

hello,
not yet tried BurpSuite Proxy but it sounds nice

thanks for replies

Discussion thread has been locked. You can no longer add new posts.
1 of 6

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss