stuck please help

quad02
4 years ago

I’ve been stuck on this for a couple hours and I’ve tried multiple things such ass trying to view and edit the swf file, looking at the source code, editing the source code but i cant seem to figure out what I’m supposed to do

4replies
3voices
208views
fred [feuerstein]
4 years ago

Think about where the swf is executed and how the score might be told to the page

quad02
4 years ago

i still cant seem to figure this out

f0rk [HackingGuy]
4 years ago | edited 4 years ago

Okay, first let’s understand what exactly is happening in this challenge.
We as a client are connecting to a server. The page on this server we are accessing allows us to submit a static score as our final score. The goal of the challenge is to figure out how to change that value to the desired ‘high score.’

So here are some questions that you should ask yourself, and find solutions to, as the hacker:
1. Where is this score being sent?
2. How is the score being communicated to that page?
3. How can I implement alteration of that data or change something in that communication channel to achieve the desired goal?

Once you have completed this, you should complete the challenge.

quad02
4 years ago

thank you very much for everyone’s help i have figured it out :)

Discussion thread has been locked. You can no longer add new posts.
1 of 5

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss