prabhu [prabhujegan]
10 years ago

the story of the code is osm and learnt some what but it seemed to be pretty hard .

13replies
7voices
311views
prabhu [prabhujegan]
10 years ago

the code used in the electrical telegraph system that will be a better clue :)

Aniouse
10 years ago

hi I’m looking for help

prabhu [prabhujegan]
10 years ago

yes aniouse what is that help :)

Mystic159
9 years ago | edited 9 years ago

[quote=prabhujegan]the code used in the electrical telegraph system that will be a better clue [/quote]

Thank you sir! your hint was the only hint which truly made a difference since every other hint was removed. >.>

@Mystic159: Seriously? How old are you? Never heard about that system? :/

Max Lockhart [MaxLockhart]

I’m going to get hated for this, give me negative karma if you want but, what the fuhhhhh… I’m confused here, what is the story here of the “code” and “grt story”? I know this is for Crypt level 3 help I’m assuming? This was like the easiest level on the site for one and two, I don’t understand what you guys are trying to say or what you’re talking about. Maybe these posts should be a crypt level lol

I’ll try to help some as far as the level goes but please make sense of your posts. Except for @freewind1012 I understand you. Anywho, the level is based on a form of communication developed by >> Samuel F. B. Morse[/spoiler] and some other guy I can’t remember, in order to transmit information in the sequences of the three variations you see in the level

<!-
Dots = .
Dashes = -
Pauses known as word breaks = /

As far as decoding the message, it’s up to you guys to do that. Using what information I’ve given, do some history homework on the information provided, may help you some.

Yes, [spoiler]Electrical Telegraph System -!> is correct….. @prabhujegan

SFisher
9 years ago

Nice post @MaxLockhart , but honestly I don’t think this level needs any help. Fuck it, I remember feeding a text like that into an online “translator” once. Just searching for a piece of it with Google tells you what it is in case you don’t know.
My guess is that these are old prototype bots developed by DARPA and forgotten in the wild years ago and therefore their artificial intel isn’t as bright as it could yet. They wander the Internet registering here and there and using forums. XD

As I said, easiest fucking level on the site. And Dude, you know a lot about these weird bots? Kind of creeping me out man lmao! I can try to “Decrypt” what the posts are lol but, if they are bots it’s really trippy how they can stay on topic and fill out valid information about topics in forums, complete levels, pm people, log onto different sites, etc. and be flexible to all kinds of different websites functionality. That would take forever to program and personally seems like a waste of time. What are they gaining from posting about >> Morse Code in a forum anyways? But, this is going to sound weird in a way, bots are kind of cute. They are just a piece of emotionless, mindless, repetitive intelligence that roam around in the wild, infecting machines, and following their very basic and primitive functions. Nobody knows about their whereabouts and they will never die. Just sitting on each and every machine traveling, procreate, leave, and mindlessly converse with other life forms as they prevail, spamming. All justifiably by their existence and source code. So basic, so inferior, but will manifest within themselves, are a stamp in time, wandering, forsaken by their user, forgotten and abandoned amongst the web, surviving, and lacking the capacity to understand their own reality……. So…. beautiful…..

Anyways, I just kind of thought maybe they were talking in broken English and just making noise. Called Google Translate people….

:|

SFisher

What if a hackbot randomly finds the server where an army of spambots are hosted, modifies their source code and by pure chance converts them into something that is “alive” e.g. self conscious and they delete the spam and they become good hackbots that hack into computers, check if there’s any malware in them and if that’s the case they delete it and if there’s no malware they just re-deploy and self-delete. I can’t find it but I remember someone told me this existed (a virus that checks the system looking for malware, deletes it, spreads and delets itself).
EDIT: I found it. Kaspersky wrote about it. Eugene Kaspersky: AVV - The Anti-Virus Virus. Virus Bulletin, January 1994 (p.10-11).

One of these days (soon) I’m going to delete all of my crap posts and leave only those that provide useful material.

Haha, that’s badass, don’t delete it though. Keep it there for historical purposes that may help people one day. This may inspire somebody one day. One day, just one day in the future. The overall idea of AI is amazing and beautiful. Networks, the web, servers, microwaves, all just seems like a bunch posts in the ground and material objects that provide basic tasks. It has now come to the point in time that a world lurks within these devices, and a universe in itself. Just like the Grid in Tron. Technology has gotten so advanced that now, we could one day, if smart enough for the right people to build, disappear in a the net. Become one with the computer….. I believe a program could become self-conscious once it reaches that threshold.

parky1992
9 years ago

can anybody help me with basic+ level 2, I am new at this and would appreciate some help ? :)

@parky1992 This shit just went down…. facepalm You’re new here so I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.

https://www.hackthis.co.uk/forum/level-discussion/basic-levels/basic-level-2/4310-help-me-pls?page=1#latest

I just wrote a very long post down there at the bottom, if you can’t figure it out from there then you better start going through other threads and do some homework… to know how to hack you have to understand computers and what not.

Now please don’t post in another thread about something else to get help on a level. Open a thread if you need to….. Thank you……. -.-‘’

parky1992
9 years ago

no problem, sorry about that thanks for the link tho MaxLockhart

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 14

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss