I decrypted it but, the password doesn't work

Crypt 5

Zelik
10 years ago

I tried it in all caps and in lowercase

24replies
14voices
446views

How did you know you were right? Maybe you decrypted it wrong from the start.

[deleted user]
10 years ago

Keep trying. :)

[deleted user]
10 years ago

Hopefully you will get it eventually. :)

Atone
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

Pay attention to which letters are capital letters in the original text.

Reda.SDS
9 years ago

Same with me i’ve even checked the letters which were capital and i’m sure i’m right because the text makes perfect sense

Zoino
9 years ago

I just checked the level still works. Ensure you have the capital letters in the correct place.

[deleted user]
9 years ago

Instead of copy pasting the answer, type it out correctly with capital and small letters where ever needed.

Ausirisse
9 years ago | edited 9 years ago

I have exactly the same problem, and I’ve tried SHIFT / min and I used :
http://www.simonsingh.net/The_Black_Chamber/substitutioncrackingtool.html

Any idea?

rushA [xzy123prog]
9 years ago

Read this, it could help.
http://caesum.com/handbook/crypt.htm

Ausirisse
9 years ago

I Thank you, but the problem is that I found the password, but HackThis told me I did not pass the exercise, and I try SHIFT / min … :/

rushA [xzy123prog]
9 years ago

Then you didn’t write the password correctly, because I just tried it and it worked fine for me. Try looking at the ciphertext again and compare it to your password to see where you may have gone wrong.

Ausirisse
9 years ago

okay, I’ll start from scratch

Ausirisse
9 years ago

I all over again, and I have the same result can be that the password that I find is not always good, the password I find starts with a “t” (or an “r” all depends on how you bed)

rushA [xzy123prog]
9 years ago

“t” or “T” think about it

Ausirisse
9 years ago

I just tested, and the same result …

VI????????D [VirusHacked2702]
9 years ago | edited 9 years ago

Well, then, you are doing something wrong. I just tested it and it works perfectly fine.

[quote=xyz123prog]Try looking at the ciphertext again and compare it to your password to see where you may have gone wrong.[/quote]

Maybe, you mistook a letter that’s not capital for a letter that’s capital? It could happen.

Ausirisse
9 years ago

I probably made ? something wrong … but I do not see what

Ideophage
9 years ago

Try to associate to each character of the password you found the corresponding part in the ciphertext (the original).

I think your decryted password is right but, in the crypted message, you can see that the pass is caPitaL SensiTive, so…

Ideophage
9 years ago

It’s ok, Ausirisse found it’s error. But the thread is old, I received an email for that.

Ausirisse
8 years ago

Yes, thanks ;)

seb.duncane
8 years ago

i have find a great program for crypt try this : http://www.cryptoclub.org/tools/cracksub_topframe.php

thanks bro… i have cracked this level

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 25

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss