Zoino
10 years ago

Do i need any 3rd party software to decrypt the wav file?

17replies
10voices
346views
Statey
10 years ago

Due to the Hint

This challenge follows basic steganography techniques. Be aware of audio analyzing methods and make sure you don’t over think the concept behind it.

i do think so. although theoratical u could act like a audio analyzer yourself.

Zoino
10 years ago

this is so frustrating i can see the message, i am almost there. there must be some sort of second level decryption.

*********** [ADIGA]
10 years ago

not really sure if this is a right hint …. been long since i did this, but i think you will need to hear the answer …
how, think really basic … think level 1 of encryption …

if im wrong with this please to note it as i do not want to mislead you guys :)

kamzhik
10 years ago

I am at the same point, but no clue on the second encryption layer.

[deleted user]
10 years ago

I have no clue what to do in this. This is something really new for me. I know there was a similar level before which was then removed. I didn’t get a chance to check that level cause when I joined HT!! the level was already removed. :(

Me too have got no clues !!!

CygnusH33L
10 years ago

I had no clues where to start also, after a bit of Googling and research I found my way :) however like Zoino I can also see a message but am now a bit stuck :/ I will keep reading and looking into it but if someone has any suggestions I’d be grateful.

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

The second encryption layer is there to keep @Keeper from solving this level too fast, I suppose. :p

Zoino
10 years ago

Keeper was the one who came up with the level.

Luke [flabbyrabbit]
10 years ago

@ADIGA and @tlotr this is a new level and is completely different to the old Basic+ 2.

Zoino
10 years ago

anyone have any idea what the “:) ” looking things are?

not a clue where to start once i get the 2nd lvl of encryption D;

*********** [ADIGA]
10 years ago

Is it case sensitive?

[deleted user]
10 years ago

For those who have no clues, have a look at Keeper’s article:
https://www.hackthis.co.uk/forum/hacking-security/tutorials-articles/459-steganography-tutorial

But I can’t find the second encryption too. The :) make me feel :(

Actually, that :) makes me feel creepy.

*********** [ADIGA]
10 years ago

i tried morse code, with no result, hell i tried many things and nothing worked… i even tried what was under the :) face yet did not work :(

kamzhik
10 years ago

Does the encryption method actually exists or was it created by Keeper?

Discussion thread has been locked. You can no longer add new posts.
1 of 18

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss