Need hint for the key.

0xBBA5

superherowares
6 years ago

Hi,

I have successfully completed the first part of the challenge (tiny hint) which led me a second image. However, I’m having trouble deciphering the message at offset 0xBBA5. From the hint in second image I’ve narrowed down the cipher method but it needs a key to decipher the message. I’ve tried strings i found from the hex dump, image file names and etc as the key. The final result still looks gibberish to me.

“rL8XeHT” - I keep thinking that it contains some sort of hint, but I don’t know what it is. Any help, guys? Thank you very much.

6replies
2voices
316views
dimooz
6 years ago | edited 6 years ago

you’re getting close, keep searching this way. However, try not to give too much info here!

superherowares
6 years ago

Thanks dimooz.

superherowares
6 years ago | edited 6 years ago

Incorrect crc for IDAT1 chunk (is a69b66fe, should be 4787ff9f). Somebody tell me I’m going the right way.

Edit : Oh, my stupid self. Of course it’d be incorrect. The hex data has been tampered with to include hints.

dimooz
6 years ago

Did you find the hint related to rL8XeHT?

superherowares
6 years ago

I’m still working on it. I have a day job and only tend to these levels in my free time. I haven’t found any lead yet. Or maybe I’ve found but never realised it.
I just need a little hint pointing me in the right direction. Then I’ll work it out myself to the solution.

dimooz
6 years ago

At least now you know this file is a hint!

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 7

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss