Some introduction to cryptography

Dante's Inferno

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago

Hi, I guess I’m done with the steganography part of the level, but I am stuck with the encrypted database. Does anyone have a website/document that would be a great introduction to applied cryptography and would provide some concepts/algorithms example? Please don’t give any information about the cypher/algorithm used, I just want to get an overview of the concepts of various modern cyphers in application.

7replies
4voices
251views
SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

Cryptography is one of my favorite topics. In my personnal point of view, you should read (in this order) The Code Book of Simon Singh, Cryptography Engineering of Bruce Schneier, Niels Ferguson and Tadayoshi Kohno and Introduction to Modern Cryptography of Yehuda Lindell and Jonathan Katz. In addition to that, I highly recommend to stay tuned on crypto news and to read topics on https://crypto.stackexchange.com/ and some topics on https://security.stackexchange.com/. It will give you way more than an overview, but it’s always interesting to have more knowledge ;)

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago

Thank you, I will have a look at them.

x2600
6 years ago

@r4v463 Nice suggestions here. Thanks for this post. Have you thought about doing a crypto article?

SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

Except the article on the One-Time-Pad, I thought on writing a serie of articles, each related to a big topic of cryptography, for example asymmetric cryptography, symmetric cryptography, hash algorithms, etc.

Darwin [DIDIx13]
6 years ago

Hope you share them with us, and flabby publish them here too :)

SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

Yes of course, they’ll be available when I’ll finish them ^^

x2600
6 years ago

Very cool. I’m excited to read the final product.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 8

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss