Where can i learn the "GET" method

megatasos
11 years ago

Where can i learn the “GET” method.i want to know to complete this level Just write the link

47replies
32voices
391views
nach0
11 years ago

problem? u havent form? u can create one with html and send with GET method

you just need to write something at the link bar :) the password using get method

[deleted user]
11 years ago

You don’t need to learn a GET statement really. It is simply when the form data (or “query data”) is added to the end of the URL it is then said to be “URL encoded” so say I wanted to get a town name I would use something like this: hrrp://www.someurl.com/towns.php?town=manchester in other words the get statement is more or less just the ‘?’ question mark. So they might use something like this….. : http://www.hackthis.co.uk/levels/i1.php?**********=********** : So what would we replace the stars with??

the best explaination by ANONRA . very good and detailed . hahaha

[HUNON]
11 years ago

Agreed, if no one understands Anonra…they should spend more time learning functions ;)

[deleted user]
11 years ago

Enter Details Form

Username :
Password :

you really work hard for the second tutorial . actually the first tutorial also already gave lots of information :)

[deleted user]
11 years ago

Thanks mattempik it’s like pulling teeth with some people. I couldn’t make it any more easy than I have.
Some people want to use their brains and with some of the help me questions I wonder if they really have one.
Come on guys THINK!

#RS69 [Rs69]
11 years ago

hehe.. i little stupid.. so i dont understand…

^UknownSource^ [mattempik]
11 years ago | edited 11 years ago

read anonra first explaination . if you want to tell that the town is manchester , so http://www.someurl.com/towns.php?town=manchester . if you want to tell that the password is flubergump just do the same way but change what you want to tell

didnt see that you have finish the level

R4d0u4n3
11 years ago

thats true mattempik

#RS69 [Rs69]
11 years ago

thank you so much for your explain mattempik.,

Ahed91
11 years ago

My little problem was using pass instead of passward
Thanks for the hints …..

no problems dude . should credit to anonra .

xtreck
11 years ago

it’s very very easy!!!!

RoXXXoR97
11 years ago

it din’t work but i don’t uderstand how to send the password to the page please explain to me like i am child please help!!!!!

Reply has been removed
Abhishek [abhirishi7]

@mhamad that was quite an entertaining video.but plz don’t post such links in these threads..

[deleted user]

mhamad This is the forum for hackthis.co.uk not for your entertainment on youtube.
Stop posting this on here. If we wanted to see that then we would have searched for it on youtube.
So get back to this real level 1 and how to use the get statement. I have explained what the get
statement is all about so come on RoXXXoR97. If it is not pass what is the other option?? :)

ihackforjustice
10 years ago

thnx so much anonra !!!!

[deleted user]
10 years ago

Thanks ANONRA, Completed the level as soon as read your post. Thank You

2 replies have been removed
[deleted user]
10 years ago

Lol, what part of “don’t post spoilers” don’t these noobs get?

jayssj11
10 years ago

ig u want to learn get methord , go to google . google is your best friend

[deleted user]
10 years ago

JFGI! Lol. :D

scatter
10 years ago

i just want to tank anonra for taking his time to explain
nice demo it help a lot so tyvm.

Tamama
10 years ago

god!after you see the PHTTP Methods: GET vs. POST you will find it too easy! o(???)o

Ammon Sprayberry [AlienWars]
9 years ago | edited 9 years ago

And if i2 doesn’t work like Anonra said look at the URL you might need to put intermediate/2. Now your question has been given multiple answers worth very clear directions so please close the thread.

DaPompo
9 years ago

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_httpmethods.asp this could help you finishing the lvl

Ammon Sprayberry [AlienWars]

http://www.tutorialspoint.com/php/php_get_post.htm this is the site I used it was very helpful

DaPompo
9 years ago

@Greyhatfool it’s a very helpful link, I saw it, but I think you need to edit “href” coz it’s not opened until removing “L” from the “html” extension

Right fixed it

georges nawrot [durandal]

hello.can you help me please?in the levels one with the method GET.i write :

http://www.hackthis .co.uk/i1.php?password=flubergump

but nothing…….why? i have to forget something?
Admin: Try not to post spoilers in the future, thanks.

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]

@durandal: Please put your above post in spoiler tag. The content spoils a lot of fun.

Wrong action, so… no progress.

freewind1012: Thanks for your anwser. I will find …….a day…..i will find…..so……..progress.

YES SSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! I HAVE FOUND THE GET METHOD.IT4S FINALLY EASY. :D .THANK YOU FREEWIND ;) .IGO TO THE POST METHOD…HIHIHIHIHI!!!!!!

Reply has been removed
h0opss
9 years ago

[b]@ANONRA… Very good explication, beautiful job.
I had much evil at the beginning but I ended up arriving there :D

Thank you with all for your explanations…[/b]

IPreaver
8 years ago

Wow this was so simple. Thanks for all the links to that were added, was a good read.

2 replies have been removed

The method GET is used to send the data of a HTML form, or the method COMMENT?

GET and COMMENT is methods of access defined in the HTTP protocol and resumed(taken back) in the HTML specification.
The choice of the method depends on the way the data are received, of the size and the nature of the data.

look at on the web, it’s easy if you understand the HTML.

dloser
7 years ago

@durandal**: Say what now? The COMMENT method? Really?

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
7 years ago
sakshi [sakshi123]
7 years ago

what is the key diffrence in GET METHOD & POST METHOD?

cn9 [1337boy]
7 years ago

The only thing you guys can do is… GET Rekt

dloser
7 years ago

@sakshi123**: For details check the link @Mugiwara27 posted. In short: POST is GET plus the ability to send additional blobs of data to the server.

GET and POST is methods of access defined in the HTTP protocol and resumed(taken back) in the HTML specification.
The choice of the method depends on the way the data are received, of the size and the nature of the data.

kasalaba
6 years ago

All the tutorials are useful probably. But this can be solved by learning that tampering with the url is enough sometimes.

Also I found out that the(php) is useless and doesn’t apply to me[/Spoiler]
So learning the meaning of QUESTIONING is everything before answering.
This info helped me.
[Spoiler]You use this to tell the page what the password is

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Query_string

Everyone else gave very good sources. I would also recommend learning a language like python or c as well, it isn’t really necessary for completing those levels but can be very useful later when you want to automate those processes.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 48

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss