54754N4
8 years ago

Hey guys, so i know that we have to use

XPATH injection[/spoiler]

for this level but i’m kinda stuck.

[spoiler]
If i understood right, the theory is that the request is something like : check (username=some_user or password=some_pass) and we’re modifying some_user to get the expression to return true, no matter the input . As seen in another thread with the some_user=“ blah' or 1=1 or ‘a’=‘a ” that follows the same principle.

But i don’t get how we’re going to log in as sandra murphy ? Should i switch out the ‘blah’ in some user to Request(“login”) or something around that ? (don’t know how to write xpath queries though)

i don’t know what i’m doing wrong, tried also doing some_user=“ ‘ or 1=1) and ( 'a’=‘a ” but to no avail (following what has been said about trying to change the test to : (test_user || 1=1) && ( 'a’=‘a’ || test_pass) which should always return true even when test_user and test_pass return false.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0replies
1voice
169views
Discussion thread has been locked. You can no longer add new posts.
1 of 1

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss